Berger .277 EOL Extreme Heavy Hybrid 170 Grain.

Time to bump this up. Bob, you found out anything new from Berger, such as where these bullets are in the line-up? Most of us are getting pretty desperate - not a lot of alternatives out there for us 277 shooters.

Also - Just found out that I finally drew out for bull elk this year (late season). If those EOL bullets don't come soon, I will have to buy another rifle just to go hunt with. C'mon Bob - show us what kind of pull you got with them boys at Berger.

You may want to look into the .277 matrix bullets they make a 165 grn with advertised bc of .650 & a 175 with bc of .680 you could use those until berger comes out with their EOL heavy hybrid that is kinda my plan with my 264 WM build im going to use the matrix 160's if all else fails I can go to the numerous choices of 264 vlds in the 140 grn range and then if berger ever makes a EOL heavy hybrid in a .264 I will probably switch with that being said if berger had released them already I would have probably went with a .277 cal instead of a .264 but went with the .264 cause like you said there isn't a very good choice of vld's for the .277

I talked to berger yesterday and ask about these 170s while I was at it. In short they told me that all new projects have been put on hold until they can catch up with market demands for current products. Bummer but that's the case as of yesterday.

So sorry for the very tardy response, I have been somewhat removed from this site, so my time here has been very limited lately. I apologize guys!

I wish I had better news for sure, as I know the guys at Berger are going as fast as they can, it just does not seem fast enough for most of us. However I am pretty sure there is light at the end of the tunnel and we should see some movement on new projects in the future.

As soon as I can get anything in concrete, I will let everyone know. Please guys feel free to watch my site as we are working on being way more proficient about any and all updates that I used to do on here.

Thanks again guys!

You may want to look into the .277 matrix bullets they make a 165 grn with advertised bc of .650 & a 175 with bc of .680 you could use those until berger comes out with their EOL heavy hybrid that is kinda my plan with my 264 WM build im going to use the matrix 160's if all else fails I can go to the numerous choices of 264 vlds in the 140 grn range and then if berger ever makes a EOL heavy hybrid in a .264 I will probably switch with that being said if berger had released them already I would have probably went with a .277 cal instead of a .264 but went with the .264 cause like you said there isn't a very good choice of vld's for the .277

Believe me, Karl knows about the Matrix bullets >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f41/sold-175-gr-matrix-vlds-277-cal-107866/

I have been asked not to promote what I am doing, nor am I allowed to advertise here anymore. To much direct competition I was told. However I was left as a member only. So my participation has been very limited since this came about, but I try to as often as I can.

Thanks.

I have been asked not to promote what I am doing, nor am I allowed to advertise here anymore. To much direct competition I was told. However I was left as a member only. So my participation has been very limited since this came about, but I try to as often as I can.

Thanks.

Mr. Beck

I hate to hear this. I think you do great things for promoting the sport of long range hunting and shooting. I love watching the show and dvr them to watch often. Way off topic on the bullets here, but I just wanted to say thank you.

Jared

its all fine a dandy with the comments gentlemen (with all do respect) but we agreed to the rules when we signed on as members I respect Mr.Beck I'm sure he understands how this works.rules are rules

Gohring,

Not exactly sure what you mean with your statement, nor do I feel it is important to examine it much further. However all I was saying is, I was a multiple paying advertiser on this site, I did nothing to break any rules while on here. My business was directly competing with the admin of this site, therefore I was removed as a advertiser. Hence the reason I have been spending my time on a off site project that will launch soon.

Other then that if you feel I did you wrong in some way, I apologize.

Thanks again guys.

Gohring,

Not exactly sure what you mean with your statement, nor do I feel it is important to examine it much further. However all I was saying is, I was a multiple paying advertiser on this site, I did nothing to break any rules while on here. My business was directly competing with the admin of this site, therefore I was removed as a advertiser. Hence the reason I have been spending my time on a off site project that will launch soon.

Other then that if you feel I did you wrong in some way, I apologize.

Thanks again guys.

Like others, I too thank you for all your contributions. I don't think he knows your background work and you do not need to apologize.

Good luck on your off site project.

Again, thanks and please keep us posted.

Ed

I'm sorry for having said Anything, but if Len and his administration felt they needed to take this action they must have a good reason everyone can jump my *** all they want but ultimately it was your actions and the l.r.h administration decision not mine

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.