Beretta BRX1

I agree with pretty much everything you say. You're obviously very familiar with the Blaser system. Like you, I have R93's and R8's and multiple barrels for each. But until the Beretta offers even half of what the Blaser offers in cartridge selections, it's not a competitor, at least in my opinion.

Interesting. All looks good minus the scope base. Seems like the rear end is just hanging out there in the breeze.

I've seen the straight pull design on one of the new savage rifles. Jury is still out for me.

Thanks for the share!
Straight pulls in Europe since late 1800's.!!! The system is highly perfected. Too bad North America didn't follow the lead. Savages straight pull is a good first time try ...but not up to par by any means with Blaser!

I agree with pretty much everything you say. You're obviously very familiar with the Blaser system. Like you, I have R93's and R8's and multiple barrels for each. But until the Beretta offers even half of what the Blaser offers in cartridge selections, it's not a competitor, at least in my opinion.
No, I get that and I agree, if having all those chamberings is an attraction to you the Blaser is far superior. But if the Beretta is a success, there's a good chance you will start seeing more and more cartridges being offered, and maybe some from aftermarket barrel makers as well. And of course, buying a new barrel and having it re-chambered and/or re-bored is always a possibility. You can likely get a new chambering that way for less than a new Blaser barrel.

No argument here on barrels but messing with custom barrels or rechambering factory ones will make the dollars quickly even out.
Saying that, there's room for both in the market.

With its price point...not intended to be a competitor....just an entry saleable,viable option.... I think it's great....( but of course...what the HELLLLLO do I know?)

This is an important point needing to be made in support of the left-handed folks. Beretta saves manufacturing/inventory dollars making one action switchable for lefties instead of making two actions, one for each. This rifle has promise.

The Savage I tested was less than realistic quality-wise, forward thinking but lacking in quality.

The number of cartridges available for the Beretta will come along as demand increases. The R8 wasn't released with all of their barrels available immediately either.

The video was lacking in quality. Demonstrating a rifle from a rickety shooting table and a bull bag is unacceptable. It doesn't have to be a benchrest set up but something better than was shown.

😒

Last edited:
I think they look like a cool affordable blaser alternative.

I was not excited about the savage straight pull but I think this looks nice.
Not sure why the bolt is angled so far back like that, but I assume they had a reason. Looks just okay. Hopefully, someone will hurry and make a stock and bolt handle for it.

🤠