• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Bell & Carlson Carbilite Stock

royinidaho

Bell and Carlson Carbilite stock for sale.

Pillar and skim bedded for REM 721 or REM 700 ADL long right handed action. Pillar and Skim bedding done by APS as part of the build of my 270 AM.

Note: Bedded for single shot configuration. Thus mag well will need cleaned up.

Fitted for a Lilja #7 barrel, Holland (I believe) recoil lug.

No scratches or dings.

$145.00 shipped
332AM-Other-Side-View-med.jpg
332AM-Side-View-med.jpg
332AM-Bedding-med.jpg

Maybe you want to know why I wish to sell it?

The rifle shoots super will with the stock. (Well inside of the APS spec.) Just got back from the range where I got a good 300 meter zero. Shot 4 shots. each shot went progressively deeper in to the 1.75" steel gong. I figure another 4 shots and it would have penetrated. Yep, they were that close together. (Those 195s @ just over 3000 penetrate a bit deeper than a 338 SMK @ 2700 - pretty sweet)

My problem is that the stock is a general sporter and would be great on a walk and stalk rifle. I shoot 100% prone from bipod and it just wasn't made for that.

Mainly, dislikes are what I would dislike from any factory sporter stock. 1) Just a bit low in the comb. 2) Lack of a straight pistol grip. 3) Doesn't have a thumb hole. Oh! and lastly, my other rifles are left handers.

Why don't I just keep it around and use it on another project? I don't really know, except that I respect Kirby's craftsmanship which is most probably worth more than the stock itself. If I kept it around I'd end up doing some kind of an experiment with it and that just wouldn't seem right.

Re: Bell & Carlson Carbilite Stock -OTM

No buyers, eh? Well too late.

OTM = Off The Market.

Its now a project. It has become the basis or core, if you will, for the stock that I have been designing. Ambidextrous thumb hole. Designed for LRH from a hide only. No sling, that's what the drag bag is for. Longer forearm to look pleasing w/the 30" bbl. Will be shot from bipod and rear bag only. Bipod is also of my own design and fabrication.

Re: Bell & Carlson Carbilite Stock -OTM

Here's the project about 90% completed. Yup, there's a Carbalite in there somewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry about the paint on the bipod. Learned the hard way that paint don't stick too well on aluminum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Houte says that after sandblasting duracoat will stick well. We'll see.
332Stock-Right-Side-med.jpg