Barrel fluting Boise

^^^^^^

Paul is skillful and talented with both barrels and bolts. Decent prices and good, attentive service.

Look for his printout on his website and the price page.

Enjoy!

:)

To each their own, fluting a sporter contour barrel isn't going to save you a noticeable amount of weight, "benefit" is cosmetic...
By the time you pay shipping, and the cost to re-blue you're probably around four bills.

To each their own, fluting a sporter contour barrel isn't going to save you a noticeable amount of weight, "benefit" is cosmetic...
By the time you pay shipping, and the cost to re-blue you're probably around four bills.
I like the aesthetic and its a heavy contoured Bartlien so its not the factory pencil barrel.

It's just a barrel. Easy to ship. LRI (Long Rifles Inc.) Sturgis, SD does great work at reasonable prices. No nonsense, and fast turn-around. Lots of fluting choices, too.
I dont trust myself removing a barrel and reinstalling and can't get a smith to respond to me about removal and install.

"We have the unique ability to flute your barrel with the action attached. A first in the industry. This means your flutes will be timed perfectly with the action and for all the gunsmiths out there, no more timing of flutes. This service is exclusive to Pro Precision Rifles and best of all, there is no additional charge for this service."

https://www.boltfluting.com/index.html

As I stated above:

Paul is skillful and talented with both barrels and bolts. Decent prices and good, attentive service.

Look for the printout on his website and the price page.

Use the link I supply here and read about his process of NOT having to remove the action from the barrel in order to machine the flutes.

Enjoy!

😊

"Witness marks"......
Pull the stock and put a little scratch on the action and barrel before separating....
Exactly what I did with mine...sent it to LRI and put it back together....simple

I dont trust myself removing a barrel and reinstalling and can't get a smith to respond to me about removal and install.

He does Not want to do this work.

Fortunately Paul can machine the flutes with the action still in place.

"We have the unique ability to flute your barrel with the action attached. A first in the industry. This means your flutes will be timed perfectly with the action and for all the gunsmiths out there, no more timing of flutes. This service is exclusive to Pro Precision Rifles and best of all, there is no additional charge for this service."

:cool: