Backfire Backstop Recoil Pad

1715433046108.png

Limbsavers have never failed me !!
I can't see how the backstop could manage recoil any differently.
And the .30-06 Springfield is the only cartridge you need to hunt North America...

I attended the first ShotShow when Limbsaver attended to release the newly designed formula softer pads. We all said the same thing but we were wrong.

The staff at the Limbsaver booth was selectively giving away pads to the gunsmiths who could identify as gunsmiths. I got one and my buddy, also a gunsmith, got one as well. Both pads were used immediately as we had rifles waiting for recoil pads to be fitted and applied.

It was a slightly steeper learning curve to use those first Limbsavers. Grinding was a different technique but we figured it out and went to the range to test fire both rifles.

Yes folks, it was a different experience from the older quality pads we were used to using. Much better!

So please accept that there just might be a little more room for improvement from the newer formulations and designs. We are blessed to be in a country where we are free to test new products and manufacturers see the need for crafting newer, better products.

:)

Last edited:
Only reviews I've seen say it's fairly equal to the limbsaver pads---- but the open honeycomb construction grad and hold dirt when prone shooting or if you set it down in dirt.

I'll let others try it out for a while before shelling out $90+

My worry is how "custom" is the pad...let's say I use an aggressive muzzle brake and a heavy stock on a magnum rifle--,, then switch to a lightweight stock and ditch the brake--will I need a new pad so it won't bottom out?

Only reviews I've seen say it's fairly equal to the limbsaver pads---- but the open honeycomb construction grad and hold dirt when prone shooting or if you set it down in dirt.

I'll let others try it out for a while before shelling out $90+

My worry is how "custom" is the pad...let's say I use an aggressive muzzle brake and a heavy stock on a magnum rifle--,, then switch to a lightweight stock and ditch the brake--will I need a new pad so it won't bottom out?
I have very similar questions and given the price tag would like to hear from actual users not affiliated with the manufacturer. Thanks for the comment.