Athlon Ares ETR?

Its made in China .With all the tech steeling China is doing on us,problems our President is having in negotiations with that Gov't . I'll only buy from Japan our Germany . I have the Cronus BTR which is made in Japan and is a very fine scope

I'm in the process of switching several of my rifles to Athlon. Two 6.5 Grendel's, 6.5 CM and 6.5X284.

Both Grendel's started off as 5.56 which I have never been very fond of, so they ended up with Walmart quality scopes (no I didn't really get the there but I bet you could have).

I've been reading reviews on their entire line of scopes and they seem to be GTG. I found one real bad review on one of Athlon lower tier scopes, it was so obvious the guy had no clue. I'd almost bet he would have given Night Force a bad reveiw.

But seriously if you are a true long range hunter and seldom take a normal 150yd shot. Your "normal" shot are all dial ups over 700 yards you "might" (I emphasize might) be happier with Athlon next level up, the Cronus. I don't think I have ever seen a poor review...let alone a bad review of that scope.

My personal "go to" for dial up is SWFA, but I have a self imposed limit of 700yds. I struggle to get a shot overy 300 yards...I mainly hunt very flat land.

The BTR was fine as far as function but I couldn't get it to feel good to the eye. Hard to describe but it felt tight. I did not think it was worth the entry price but thankfully it wasn't my purchase. Their high end stuff were pretty darned good but just nothing special. The ETR sits between those and given the performance of the low end and the high end, I'd venture to say that it'll be just fine. I ran the BTR through a battery of comparisons against low and high end optics a while back and was pretty surprised at the quality they managed to pull off. For my money, I'd do a Burris XTR II before the mid-range Athlon but I can't say that for any specific reason other than personal experience with Burris' stuff has never let me down.

I really like my ETR. Clear, tracks well, love the reticle and locking windage turret. Not a lightweight option but I can live with that.

Customer service has always been top notch.