ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

I am at a little over 5 months now and no end in sight. was an e-file also but as of last week Atf said it is still pending and has not been assigned to anyone yet but the e-file all looks good just need someone to get it and approve it, maybe this year who knows.

After waiting a year on two suppressors, I recently got a request from Silencer Shop to review the product. I hoped that it meant something was moving but no word yet. Anyone else with experience with this? Just a guess based on the calendar on SS's part?

My single shot trust through silencer shop took 14 months and the stamp came a couple weeks ago in June. The time frame I have heard from friends recently is the 12-14 for "paper" and 90-120ish days for efile. I have a TBAC in efile jail but it has only been 30 days…..

Just got mine today.

Efile Form 4 Suppressor 151 days, Silencer Shop, single shot trust. That is about the new average which goes up daily for eforms.

To my knowledge eforms didn't really start processing until the end of Dec early Jan. If you filed last summer I'd say your a paper filer and probably have a couple more months to go, hope its faster for you!

Mine came three and a half months after they had me send in new photos after losing the 1dt set. And after shooting it for couple of weeks in different caliber firearms was shooting 6.5 MB when guy with me said, it's not supposed to do that is it. I looked at the end of my rifle and saw the baffle tube. Main can part was 20 yards down range. But all good , company sent me another in a week. They apologized profusely, said they were having to train new people sense covid. The threads on the can part were off just enough to cause a problem. I'll not toss them under the bus because of great rep and instant response.

Last edited:
13 months and counting for me. have had two friends get their efiles done in about 90 days during that time frame.akes a guy want to buy another through efile while still waiting for old paper files to process

Bought two at the end of 2021. Did one on eFile as soon as they were up and running in January. That one I got in under 100 days. The other one is paper. I hope I see it this year. But I'm not holding my breath.

That is the beauty of working for the government. It is so hard to fire someone, that in 27 years in the Forest Service I and one other person I know acutally fired someone. One worthless puke who my boss was trying to fire claimed discrimination, and kept his job. He would sit with his feet up on the desk and drink coffee and read the paper all day. Finally got rid of him by offering him early retirement. And people want the government to do more.

I did the e-form on Dec. 7th of 2021 and I am still waiting. I did call the aft office a couple weeks ago and the women told me there's no eta on when they will be getting to the paperwork SilencerShop said 90-120 days back then. My guess when they decide to get to they will. It's hard for me to believe it's 90-120 days I think that's a gimmick