ATF Change of Address for Suppressors?

Okanogan

I moved from WA state to MT this year and in an attempt to follow my understanding of the law, I wrote a letter to the ATF notifying them of the change of address including the particulars for my suppressors. About 10 weeks after submitting the letter, I received a letter back from the ATF telling me they are unable to complete my request because the information doesn't match my address of record. The next paragraph in their letter advises me to submit the change of address request via form 5320.20, or alternately to submit the information by letter.

My letter clearly indicated my old address and new address and the ATF reply came to my new address so it isn't like the ATF didn't have both addresses.

Does anyone else have any recent experience with this process? I was expecting to send the notification to the ATF and never hear back from them because I don't have any NFA items other than suppressors so I don't need approval from them.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Would have been nice if the ATF's response was as clear as your own rather than a hash of confusion and contradictory information. I had thought previously that form 5320.20 was required just for NFA items other than suppressors.