Arizona ban on trail cams

Some states do not have open prairies to sit high and glass. I guess flatlanders would support outlawing cheater scopes and binos. Do not be so narrow minded to see this is just another step to outlaw hunting period. Wildlife management departments would be grown to manage process and sell game meats all at tax payers expense. Its all about control and elimination rifle ownership.

They are in negotiations with eliminating live photo feeds cameras, but allowing SD cards type cameras. The discussions/hearings continue.
So for Arizona surrounding neighbors, may be interested.

That is old news (2018), they previously banned the cell cams and have now voted to eliminate all cameras.

That's totally unenforceable.
Actually it's quite enforceable if G&F starts with the confiscation of cams on waterholes and cattle water troughs. There's talk of being able to use a limited number and you need to id tag your camera. Just like you have to identify a tree stand left out in some states. There's got to be some type of happy median. It's now being abused IMO. Another thought is "no cams in the field during season and 30 days prior". Now it's crazy though. It's like the "paparazzi is camped at the water hole". You drive up in the morning dawn and 20 flashes and red strobes go off.

It is an arm of the Arizona government, no? Are we to believe the Governor and the State Legislature have no authority over the various State agencies? If they don't, maybe that's the problem in Arizona.

I don't see how it could be enforced on private property. Lots of security cams in use on private property. If an animal wanders by, oh well...
AZGFD has always operated as a separate entity, it was designed that way from the beginning to get rid of the political meddling from way back when. It's been a good system.

Interesting. Was thinking about states like Texas where game feeders are the norm and using cameras to see what bucks are coming to the feeders is common. In texas it's almost like a game management plan for private land where they cull deer etc. Also, seems like came cameras would be almost mandatory for keeping track of wild pigs etc.
I guess the last thing you need on the Arizona strip is a bunch of deer feeders and cell phone wire game cameras though...
That is how it works for many ranches in Texas.

Most of our hunting land is privately owned - takes years for residents to get drawn many of the state wildlife managements areas, etc. - and a lot of hunters are leasing land to hunt here. Land owners typically have rules or guidelines of their own for what you harvest, too.

In my opinion, our antler restrictions (some counties have them, others don't) are really dumb (one unforked antler or must have an inside spread of ~13"). I moved to a lease where they are not in effect but the previous lease I was on was full of 4+ year old 7 points with narrow, tall racks that really needed to be culled. But the land owners love them as they're convinced it promotes trophy bucks and therefore they can charge more to hunt their properties.

We run the trial cams to select both culls as well as have a better idea of what the biggest bucks look like. Also, keeping track of doe population as well as feral hogs which need to either be trapped or hunted at night to stay in check (good to know when they come in so you can plan your bed time around it).

Or the "Rim Ripper". A guy here had his entire camp stolen and had a game cam set up in camp. All the glorious photos on that cam and him, wife and dog. Arrested today!
Hunter got all his gear back.
Nice use of a game cam.
Honey, how much longer is this going to take? We need to get home and sell this stuff so we can buy our meth!

Petty soon we will be down to rocks, and sticks. With Biden getting in, they will probable take those away too. I also think that people that just take pictures should pay a fee too. Like we do with hunting licenses, and tags. I hunt Arizona for the gray g. for years, with a bow. I haven't gotten one yet. I have passed up several, but they weren't what I was looking for. I sure as hell paid a lot of fees to Fish & Game there. I think the camera people need to pay the same amount to take pictures too. I think that $250.00 per person, per year, per state would be about right to take pictures there that goes to Fish & Game. If they don't have licenses the fine should be the same as for illegal hunters. Most of the management of wild game is paid by Hunters. Arizona has a lot of deer hunting season there. To many in my estimation, but looking for the dollars to support their programs. Stupid is, Stupid does.

I saw this yesterday and though I share it. I don't use any trail cams but I know some of you do so here it is:

I use them all the time, food plots creek crossings, my yard and dog kennels ect. I don't care about Public land but it'll be a cold day in hell when they tell me what I can use on my back 40 or yard.

It seems like Its been an ongoing debate the last few years

Stay safe all