Are you noticing a trend?

I see a trend of the unprepared calling the prepared hoarders. Up to this point I have kept my pie hole shut but it's really getting old. Just in case everyone hasn't learned anything over the last 15 or 20 years get prepared. I don't want to have to hear all the whining the next 20 years because people don't have enough food, oil, gas, underwear and toilet paper.
There, I feel better now.

I see a trend of the unprepared calling the prepared hoarders. Up to this point I have kept my pie hole shut but it's really getting old. Just in case everyone hasn't learned anything over the last 15 or 20 years get prepared. I don't want to have to hear all the whining the next 20 years because people don't have enough food, oil, gas, underwear and toilet paper.
There, I feel better now.
Yep! A year ago I started this thread >>>https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...the-local-gun-store-empty-handed-rule.255740/

The only thing I'm wanting for is some Berger bullets and that's because I hadn't settled on them when all this panic buying/manufacturing slowdown started. I will not get caught like this again because it's really put a cramp on my ability to shoot one of my rifles over the last year. It's also made me a lot less likely to build something in a new chambering or worse a caliber that I don't have any bullets in. It's getting better. We've been through this before and I have to believe we'll get back to normal.
What Berger bullets are you looking for? I have some but not a ton. If I have some extra of what you need, we can work something out at fair prices.

And it's still going strong. I like to spend my money locally unless they just can't get it. But I can usually find something they have that I can use before I exit the store.
Yessir! The idea is incremental preparation. If I do not see anything in the gun section, I normally end up in the archery and fishing sections.

I guess I'm feeling there's "light" on a few supplies, but it's probably a caliber specific thing for each of us. Like other's have said, Berger is keeping me on here daily, and I'm not getting any new product notifications on much there. 140, 215 and 230's have been non existent. Retumbo showed up lately after being missing forever which is good. VV powders are still more miss than hit, and RL 26... forget about it. CCI primers are floating around, but 215m's are like finding pink balls on a unicorn. Still makes me feel like when something I use comes around, I need to hoard some up.

I'm not trying to bash anyone, psychology plays the best of us. My intention is to make light of a seemingly neverending situation. I think we're finally getting to the end of the tunnel.
Yep, like some others here, I am scratching my head......

1 lb. limits at Midway lately.....
Powder dumps that last less than 10 min.

Bout the only thing that MAY have improved is primers, but only CCI primers in particular, and a lot more Small Rifle than Large Rifle or Magnum Large Rifle.

Even so, prices are still double whst they were 2 years ago.

Key in my opinion is unbottlenecking the supply chain.

121 ships stuck offshore CA. right now. Twice what it was a few months ago. I believe Hodgdon in particular is struggling to deliver much.

But, lets see. If we do not see some major powder dumps this month then for sure its not getting better.

Look at Third Generation Shooting Supply. Running on empty. No powder since mid year. Grafs, same. MidSouth way reduced supply occassional burps.

Midway, Powder Valley, Brownells,
Natchez doing the best, but only fits and starts. Prices worst, but Midway and Brownells have had most of the supply of primers in particular, and powder.

The tunnel is still plenty blocked.
Aint no water in the glass or its half full in my opinion, but then I am not an optimist by disposition or training...

This next month will be key.....
We'll see....

I got some Rem 9 1/2 primers last year at a Sportsmen Warehouse. They were about $45.00 per th., and was limit on it too. That's fine by me. I was at Steals a few months later, and there prices were $145.00 per thousand. So I don't do much shopping there. I don't buy unless it's, what I think is fair market. The other is 5.56 ammo is coming down more just after the 1st of this year. Now about $0,57 per round. That a long ways from $2.00 per round a year ago. When it get to about $0.35 per round, then it back in fair market price. When company are trying or are selling 22 ammo @ 0.40 per round when it's worth $0.04 per round. I only get what I need, and don't pay over price. I don't need it that bad.

Much of my reloading needs that over the past dozen years or so have been acquired through trades. I find it far more likely to represent fair value, and mutual benefit to the parties. There are some benefits to decades of accumulation.
I've traded a lot myself.
I traded 1k 215 match primers for some 205s couple weeks ago. This guy built a 7mm Sherman and was starting to panic.
I built a new AR and I'm down to 500 205s he had 1k 205s. Both of us are hooked up and very happy.

Not really seeing much unloading here, just the same sellers on my local online marketplace, still asking the same stupid prices. I don't shoot centerfire a ton, so it doesn't take a ton of stock to last a long time. I did buy some H4350 directly from Hodgdon early last year, I could've bought more, but saw no use because what I bought will last me a long time and other people were needing it too.

I traded some bullets as I was down to my last box that my 260 likes. I had some premium bullets that I wasn't going to use and I posted a WTT ad. After about a week a gentleman that had what I needed contacted me and a deal was made. Turns out I had some other bullets he needed, and he had more that I needed so another trade was made. We are both happy.