AR 15 build parts list

Youngbuk7mm

I am looking to build an AR 15 here over some time and i want to build it cheap but i need to know what are the absolutely necessary parts. Does anyone have or know of an entire parts list to build an AR15. Or is there a kit that will give me a good product in the end and save some money. i am 17 and my 18th birthday is coming up in a couple months so i will be able to purchase the ffl items soon. I am on a budget but would like a good looking, reliable, and accurate rifle.

You'll need a stripped lower ($80 +-) a lower parts kit ($60-$200 depending on trigger) a stock/buffertube/buffer ($60-$300 depending on how fancy, I'd get a cheap 6 position Tapco kit for your first one, then upgrade later.) and a complete upper, make sure it comes with the bolt and bolt carrier ( you can build the upper yourself, but it's more involved and a vise block and torque wench come into play, and it can be a real pain sometimes). Then all you need is a couple mags and maybe sights or a scope and mount.

You should be able to put the lower together yourself if you are even a little bit handy. Go to AR15.com and get the instructions for a lower assembly. Tons of pics and very easy instructions to follow, plus most of the parts will only work one way anyway.

Look for used uppers here or on PredatorMasters.com. There's always a couple around used that are still pretty nice, and it'll save you a good bit of$$$. Don't be afraid to ask questions, there's a ton of guys around here that are literally AR15 experts, and most of them are happy to help get a young guy into shooting more.

Just saw a PSA upper on predatormasters for $450. Nothing fancy, but it might be worth a look (might need a bolt and carrier). Plus you don't need to wait for your b-day to buy an upper.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts