Anyone use CT 160 grain Partition Gold (moly) bullets in 7mm STW ?

drakehammer

I am looking for load data and/or loading suggestions from anyone who may have achieved good accuracy with the old 160 grain moly-coated Combined Technology Partition Gold bullets with their 7mm STW. My rifle is a trued Remington 700 action wearing a 9-twist 4-groove 26" heavy sporter Brux barrel fitted with a Vais muzzle brake. Plenty of powder choices on hand, RL22, RL25, RL26, 7828 long and short, H1000, Retumbo. Also have most all of the most popular primer choices on hand. I have not begun testing with these bullets yet. Just a little concerned about the poor accuracy some claim on the intergoogle.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Ps. I am also willing to part with these bullets if anyone is interested.

It shoots 168 Berger Classic Hunters great with RL25. Just a little hesitant to hunt deer with them at STW velocities. My shots are typically <100 yards. I've never had to shoot a deer over 250 yards or so. That's kinda how I ended up with the CTPGs, looking for a little tougher bullet. .

Last edited:
It shoots 168 Berger Classic Hunters great with RL25. Just a little hesitant to hunt deer with them at STW velocities. My shots are typically <100 yards. I've never had to shoot a deer over 250 yards or so. That's kinda how I ended up with the CTPGs, looking for a little tougher bullet. .
Get some tmk's there as tuff as a partition.

I bought 4 boxes of those 160 CTs when they stopped making them because they shot so good in my Browning Stainless
Stalker 7mm . I bet 30 - 40 animals from coyote, black bear to moose and a bison have been killed. Only load for hunting.
Thanks! They were the CT partition gold right?

Yes

Attachments

• IMG_5658.jpeg
    IMG_5658.jpeg
    922.5 KB · Views: 18