Anyone use a 10 gauge?

birddog 68

Is there anyone out there that still uses a 10 gauge?
Seems like it's been fading away especially since there's so many 3.5" 12 gauges available nowadays.
Not sure but I think Browning is the only company actually producing them and would be interested to see how many they are actually selling yearly.
Is the 10 disappearing just like the good old 16 gauge?

Shot a lot of 12ga 3.5" #1s for ducks and geese in the rice fields of california. I shot those federals by the case! I knew one guy that had a 10ga but rarely shot it. I think it was cost prohibitive as much as anything.

A co worker inherited a 10 gauge double barrel from his grandfather and brought it in to show me being the gun nut. Holy cow it was huge and heavy. He tried to find shells for it but no one locally carried 10's. With the huge variety of 12 and now 20 gauge for waterfowl, turkey , upland bird, sporting clay, skeet, trap etc. , I really don't see a need for it but it does make for a good conversation piece whenever you come across one.

Well Bye God. I shot 1 Twice, and never again. 🤯
My buddy and I skipped school one day ...we knew where the geese flew.....we did`nt have much ammo,so agreed not to shoot til they were rite overhead.....
He shouldered his 10 to high,up on his collar bone...... We quit hunting and I drove him to the hospital.... busted his collar bone..... he went back to 12 ga.