Anyone in Ohio?

From NW Ohio, My son put me on to this website. Wow... what a great place for info!
If you are ever near eastern
Ohio check out Woodbury State Park. Excellent shooting range!
$5.00/ day license required.
Go on line for more specifics.

gun)

woodbury is a nice range,but always windy when i go there.i recently joined fresno gun club in coshocton,very nice and away from it all.this club caters to precision rifle shooters and trap.

hey thats great! you should become a member also. four of us spent the whole day at fresno saturday testing loads and getting our rimfires ready for tree rat season.

We'll be starting up the long range steel plate matches the 4th weekend of February at Rayners Range Rayner's Range .

We shoot various size steel plates worth different point values based on size at 12 different distances ranging from 234 yards to 1000 yards. You get 3 shots per target and you can choose which size target for each shot based on you and your equipments ability to hit them. Gamble on small for higher points or go big for less but a better chance for a hit.

Three classes to shoot, rifles with optics, rifles with metallic sights and handguns.

We usually venture out a few times each month to tweak settings and practice and always glad to have others join us. Tom charges $10.00 per day for the use of his facilities. Best to call ahead and make sure nothing is going on but usually the entire farm and targets are available.

We shoot in all 4 directions across valleys, hills, tree lines, streams and different elevations so there is ever changing wind directions and speed which makes it quite challenging. There are wooden benches at each location and also room for prone shooters at each station. Largest caliber allowed is 338 lapua on the steel targets. He has allowed larger but not on the steel targets.

Matches last year averaged between 60 and 80+ shooters. Good chance to see a lot of equipment and most will let you check it out and even shoot their guns. Not a bench rest or tactical match but more of a long range precision match where you challenge yourself based on your abilities.

No prize table and no big egos, just a fun group of good shooters doing what we love best.

Here is a link to a YouTube video showing the targets shot at the match.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwE70ihOYIk]Short Clips at Rayners Range shooting out to 1000 yards. - YouTube[/ame]

Only the 775 target has been changed to 720 yards but some additional smaller targets have been added to some stations to give the competitor more choices. Highest score possible is 645, highest score shot with scoped rifle is 390, highest score shot with LR handgun is 310, highest with metallic sighted rifle is 140. Shows how challenging this match is.

Maybe see some of you there this summer,

Topstrap

New member here from SW Ohio. I'm a member at the Middletown Sportsmans club, actually just joined there also. It's about a 1/2hr drive for me but all the ranges in my immediate are have a waiting list. Middletown was taking new members, so I joined the club and it seems like a nice bunch of guys. Shotgun, pistol, and rifle ranges and a pretty nice fishing pond for the kids. Maybe I'll catch a few of you there. Take care.

I live in Lawrence county. I work in Kentucky. I live right across from Huntington,WV. I hunt in all three states. I love hunting coyotes but success is low! How you fellas doing up north?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.