Anyone have any experience hunting with The Elk Ranch?

I have hunted just south of Hayden and Craig for the past 5 years. Last year the winter kill did substantially affect the elk population (especially to the north), but there are still herds in the region that are strong in numbers. Hopefully the herds/ areas that were most affected will see less hunting pressure accordingly and can bounce back. Find a reputable outfitter and/ or a bookie that vets the outfitters (and keeps track of opportunity rates) and I am confident you can have a great hunt in the region.
Although it is probably too late for this coming season, I'd recommend our outfitter highly. I've got a great booking service for about any hunt you can imagine as well. They personally vet most of the hunts they suggest. Anyone interested, just shoot me a PM.

I have hunted just south of Hayden and Craig for the past 5 years. Last year the winter kill did substantially affect the elk population (especially to the north), but there are still herds in the region that are strong in numbers. Hopefully the herds/ areas that were most affected will see less hunting pressure accordingly and can bounce back. Find a reputable outfitter and/ or a bookie that vets the outfitters (and keeps track of opportunity rates) and I am confident you can have a great hunt in the region.
Although it is probably too late for this coming season, I'd recommend our outfitter highly. I've got a great booking service for about any hunt you can imagine as well. They personally vet most of the hunts they suggest. Anyone interested, just shoot me a PM.
Agree with this. We had a good elk hunt outside of Craig last year. Numbers of elk were down but there were elk. We seen numerous calf elk even though I read that there was none. A good reputable outfitter will be up front and honest about expectations for your hunt.
Antelope in the area is a different story.
They took tremendous losses.

I hunted with Superior Guide service in unit 12...Scott offers a nice set up. Its historic area also...They have the remains of an old lodge on property where Teddy used to come hunt. Really a cool area to know im hunting the same spots as Teddy used to hunt...

We are between the flat tops and the Yampa River. Our group has hunted the area for over 40 years. The original members have all passed on but they have been replaced by others to keep the group between 6 and 8. I joined up with them about 15 years ago. As the hunting lease is controlled by the state and the rights to those leases purchased by ranchers, our time may be limited as the govenor has made it his mission to reduce hunting across Colorado, even though a large part of the revenue of these small towns is supported by hunters. And, I might say, I've never been treated as well in any other state as I have by the Colorado merchants and civilians - as an out of state hunter.
To be honest, we did notice a hillside on our property that was littered with carcasses from the previous winter kill. They seemed to mostly be in a spot where the elk herd staged before crossing a couple of miles of unprotected terrain where snow drifts would get quite deep. Also, we did not see a single pronghorn in the lower valleys where it was typical to find several herds of 10 to 20 animals.