Anybody hunt WY deer in unit 34?

I've hunted antelope in 73 (deer 34) for several years. There are some nice bucks around. Try the Anderson Draw area north of Natrona.

Cool, thanks! We put in for lopes in unit 73 also, hoping to find one I can put on the wall this year...

I didn't draw it last year but I did find one deer that went 173 6/8 a friend got from Pa. and when I found that one there was another one with it that I took a friend out that afternoon and found a mile away from where it was that morning it went 178. It was only 22" wide but very good mains and great forks. In 2007 I drew it and shot one that was 27" wide that went 176 3/8. Hunt on the southern end of the bighorns if you can it is the hardest place to hunt in 34 but the best deer will come of the mountain not the prarie or draws. Best of luck drawing a tag.

thanks for the info learning! It turns out a member on here who we met last year is very familiar with the unit, he live in it! Are you from the Casper area?

You guessed right.
Dave stopped into the campground one night and shared a lot of info and some history of his hunts in the area.
Dave was also very helpful when our tire blew out and needed to get new one.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.