Any Trijicon users, 4-16x50?

I run their 3-9x40 AccuPoint on my 30-06, excellent scope. Can't see why the one you are looking at would be any different.

Solid scopes. Optically similar to a leupold VXR. The MOA reticle in that particular scope is really good - I like the wind hold markers a lot. I think the accupowers are a good value, but optics and features set are a bit behind Leupolds VX5HD, and the accupower weighs a good bit more than a Vortex Razor LH. Ultimately it's a great scope to get ones feet wet in long range, and start building some opinions based on experience (i.e. dialing vs holding, exposed turrets, zero stop etc)

I'm replacing a 4-12x50 Nikon (pre monarch) on my Browning A-Bolt II 7 mag that will be used for hunting inside of 500 yards. But have read some reviews of the low light capability and the illumination of the Trijicon thus me asking. I do however have a Zeiss V6 3-18x50 on my Rem 700 that I considered swapping to this one, but not sure yet. Either way, I was looking to re-glass the other, because my son want the older Nikon on his .308.

If you like the Zeiss, why not a V4 for continuity? Trijicons illumination is some of the best in class. Personally I've found a preference for Leupolds fire dot, which is basically a magnified red dot - having a whole stadia that lights up can be a bit overwhelming for me. That being said, the acupower illumination is very usable in low light, it can be dimmed down to really low levels, it's just a matter having it setup for the conditions. I find the fire dot a lot more forgiving because I can set-and-forget it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.