Another Wyoming Bear Attack

memtb

And another person from Evanston, Wyoming is injured!
Apparently an Evanston hunter, hunting near Pinedale, Wy. was attacked and got off several rounds with his handgun, while under attack. One shot hitting the hunter in the leg. The grizzly called off the attack and fled the scene! The hunters son, treated the hunter to stop the bleeding, called for help and helped his father get his horse and headed for the trailhead where they met rescuers. He was taken to the University of Utah Hospital for treatment! memtb

Ahhh the ole "spray and pray" strategy we see so often in the bear defense threads.

I like Glock because 16 rounds and I can change mags faster... a cute safety blanket

One of the 10mm griz stops often quoted by people shot himself as well, autopsy/necropsy revealed there were 2 shots of the several that actually mattered, the rest... noise and a new scar for the man.

Then again, they are still alive, so there's that, better plan than no plan.

Five years ago I backpacked in the Wind River Mts and there was supposedly no grizzly presence there. Wonder if this was a confirmed grizzly attack or a black bear incident? If grizz, then I guess they must be moving southerly, eh? The conservationists will be less than sympathetic to this incident.