Another reason Why I hate California

I left in 92. The writing was on the wall before that so as soon as a work opportunity cropped up to go, I took it. If/ when you leave be sure and cut all ties with the state. CA hounded me for 10-15 years after I left trying to get taxes from me even though I worked out of state and had closed all accounts and sold all in state property.
At one time, CA had a tax rule that you owed taxes on your retirement based on pro-rated CA earnings contributions to retirement but some noble LEO retiree took it to the supreme court and got that overturned in the mid-90s.

I've been in California since 1966 (from Illinois). Just take a deep breath and keep voting.
One of the problems is the never-ending parade of changes in California gun laws. (Isn't our Governor Awesome just awesome?) Clerks have to be hyper-literate and detail-oriented to know the forms and laws. Some are just getting by. It helps if you know the laws before going to the store.
When I bought a new S&W 442 revolver it took a conference of three clerks to decide if it was okay to sell it (it was in their in-store stock) because it had a letter inside the frame that was different than their other 442 revolvers. They consulted a fourth clerk -- the expert -- who waded through pages of California Dept of Justice bulletins until he found the page that said it's okay to sell this gun. And next year will be different.
Nutty California laws will have to be addressed by SCOTUS.

fQyuX6Y3PFW8N3bq5

I turn 55 this December. Decided to buy myself a wonderful senior citizen gift for myself in the form of a GA Precision Crusader in 6.5 PRC. It was suppose to be completed in early December but it arrived at the gun store a week ago. I started to fill out the paperwork and the salesman says I need my social security card and a utility bill showing the same address as my driver license. Is this just a California thing because last year when I purchased a rifle, my license and my retired sheriff ID was good enough. And don't even get me started on the taxes here.

I turn 55 this December. Decided to buy myself a wonderful senior citizen gift for myself in the form of a GA Precision Crusader in 6.5 PRC. It was suppose to be completed in early December but it arrived at the gun store a week ago. I started to fill out the paperwork and the salesman says I need my social security card and a utility bill showing the same address as my driver license. Is this just a California thing because last year when I purchased a rifle, my license and my retired sheriff ID was good enough. And don't even get me started on the taxes here.
That's good ole' Commifornia for ya'! Glad I moved out of there years ago!!!

As a native of both CA and LA* (talk about a double whammy!) what I have come to know fer sure, fir sure, is CA is like a big bowl of granola... what ain't fruits and nuts, is flakes!
Cheers,
crkckr

*that's Los Angeles, of course. If you thought, even for a second, of some kind of dual nativeness with Kalifernia and Louisiana, you might be a native of Sacramento!

Dont really understand that, all drivers licenses are supposed to have all that verification stuff done at DMV could be off a little but I think 3 or 4 years ago was the deadline for states to comply. But do agree with prior post you can vote with no ID but you cant do anything else without a ID, might be some illegal stuff going on there, Ya think?

I just use my DL in Ga, fill out the form, and 15 mins later I'm on my way.

Yup, same here, sick of CA. We just bought a home outside of OKC on 2 acres, 20% of what I will get for our house here. if all goes as planned, taking my grandsons fishing on Nov 9th, the following week will do the final packing. The Movers will be here on friday to load our stuff, AND I WILL NEVER LOOK BACK.

Lots of friends here, but not enough to continue putting up with the idiots here.

I call California, the land of granola, If you get rid of all the fruits and nuts, all that is left is flakes.

Read a survey recently that said 52% of California residents are either in the process of moving out of state or seriously considering it.

Talked to UHaul about renting a one way box truck, over $2700. But if I was moving from OK to CA it would only be $1100? The girl told me they are truck and trailer poor in CA, and over stocked out of state due to the number of people moving.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.