American made scopes and rifles

The problem with the japanese opening factories in the U.S. is that the lions share of the $$ still goes to japan.

Its still a way better deal than just strictly importing their vehicles. Id be much more apt to buy from a company willing to set up shop here. Typically companies with a factory in our country have good customer support.

Nothing I like more than buying the best piece of equipment I can and getting a Made in America sticker on it but I buy as good a quality as I can and let the point of origin be what it may.

A change in the current political climate and direction is the only way to bring American made products of quality back to our store shelves IMO! Between the Liberal agenda, IRS, EPA and trade agreements the American small business is being gutted!!

Nothing I like more than buying the best piece of equipment I can and getting a Made in America sticker on it but I buy as good a quality as I can and let the point of origin be what it may.

A change in the current political climate and direction is the only way to bring American made products of quality back to our store shelves IMO! Between the Liberal agenda, IRS, EPA and trade agreements the American small business is being gutted!!

Amen to that!

Attachments

• thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 70
only thing wrong with that sentiment is look at the american car manufactures. Granted 15 years ago you bought a better car for the dollar buying jap. There wasnt an american car that compared to a toyota or honda in reliability and longevity. The amercain manufactures stepped up and you can now buy an american car that will eaisly go 200k and do it as reliably as any toyota. If you doubt it look at consumer guides recomendations. Lots of gm and ford vehicles listed at the top in there class in reliablity and the thing is anymore there cheaper then the toyota and hondas. We bought our last new can in 2012. We did alot of research comparing mileage and reliabilty ratings from various web sites. We ended up bying a buick verono. It gets 35 mpg and its as solid as a tank. It cost us 25k and thats with all the options including leather. We looked at comparable sized toyotas and the doors sounded like tin cans compared to the buick and everything in the interior seemed spartan and plastic. think what happened is theres been lines to buy that jap stuff for years and the japs never felt a need to improve because they have the american car buying public convinced that american cars a are junk. Lots of them are comming back to quality cars like this buick and fords focus and fusion for examples. Theres no more excuse for buying jap at least not if you open your eyes Same goes for pickups. I think toyota has more recalls then all the american truck manufactures combined and will gladly sell you a slightly smaller truck at a slightly higher price that gets worse gas milage. NO THANKS>
Amen to that!

We're in a global economy not isolationism. lightbulb

I choose not to participate in the global economy, I don't think it's that global to begin with. I think Washington keeps writing checks and china keeps cashing them, everyone else has their hand out and we, as a country, keep filling it up. I want to keep as much of my money in the U.S. as I can so I do the best I can when spending it. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem so I try not to be part of the problem!

i choose not to participate in the global economy, i don't think it's that global to begin with. I think washington keeps writing checks and china keeps cashing them, everyone else has their hand out and we, as a country, keep filling it up. I want to keep as much of my money in the u.s. As i can so i do the best i can when spending it. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem so i try not to be part of the problem!

... and as previously noted!

finish-02-look-down.gif

the great thing about the us is we still have choices, and what we do with them choices are entirely up to us ... A freedom we all should enjoy and love. :cool:

Whether you're willing to accept it or not, you are participating in the global economy. Let's start with the PC you're responding from, just open it up and see how many US made components you can find. lightbulb

only thing wrong with that sentiment is look at the american car manufactures. Granted 15 years ago you bought a better car for the dollar buying jap. There wasnt an american car that compared to a toyota or honda in reliability and longevity. The amercain manufactures stepped up and you can now buy an american car that will eaisly go 200k and do it as reliably as any toyota. If you doubt it look at consumer guides recomendations. Lots of gm and ford vehicles listed at the top in there class in reliablity and the thing is anymore there cheaper then the toyota and hondas. We bought our last new can in 2012. We did alot of research comparing mileage and reliabilty ratings from various web sites. We ended up bying a buick verono. It gets 35 mpg and its as solid as a tank. It cost us 25k and thats with all the options including leather. We looked at comparable sized toyotas and the doors sounded like tin cans compared to the buick and everything in the interior seemed spartan and plastic. think what happened is theres been lines to buy that jap stuff for years and the japs never felt a need to improve because they have the american car buying public convinced that american cars a are junk. Lots of them are comming back to quality cars like this buick and fords focus and fusion for examples. Theres no more excuse for buying jap at least not if you open your eyes Same goes for pickups. I think toyota has more recalls then all the american truck manufactures combined and will gladly sell you a slightly smaller truck at a slightly higher price that gets worse gas milage. NO THANKS>

The Verano — along with the Buick Excelle GT[5], which was developed for the Chinese market and produced in China and the European Opel Astra sedan, which was presented at the 2012 Moscow International Automobile Salon — shares General Motors' Delta II platform with the Chevrolet Cruze and the corresponding mini-van models, Chevrolet Orlando and Opel/Vauxhall Zafira Tourer.
(Buick Verano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

We have the ultimate responsibility of our choices and must face the consequences associated with it. I'm happy with my choice and so do you ... so what's the problem?lightbulb

So after reading all of the posts, and thanks for all of the input and opinions by the way, I was reading an article about something called corps-transnational companies that are having their US plants closed, and are now having their products made over seas in places like China, greatly increases their profits buy huge margins. The process as it has been described to me is that the millions of mom and pop manufactures and shops that were put out of business by off-shoring companies, and has not increased the quality, but actually decrease greatly, and again the only thing that has increased are huge profits for those US companies that hire Asian labor at $1.00 to $1.50 an hour. So what I'm wondering is when my job will be farmed out to someone that will do it for $1.00 an hour. I also wonder if doctors, insurance, police offices, and even the military will be contracted out to $1.00 an hour labor as well. I have heard of many people here in Alaska heading to Mexico for their Dental and medical needs, saving thousands! If Americas manufacturing can and has been sold out, why not the rest??

I think its gotten to the point where you CANT totally support american companys So many have been driven out of buisness that theres some things you just cant find american made anymore and im sure 10 years from now the number of things that will exclusively be foriegn will double. The welfare lines will be longer and some of you will on them if not for sure your children.

Fenix i dont know if you were trying to twist an article around to show a verono is made overseas but the first paragraph of that same article spells it out

The Buick Verano is a front engine, front-wheel drive layout, four-door, five passenger, luxury compact sedan manufactured at the General Motors Orion Assembly plant in Orion Township, Michigan.

I think its gotten to the point where you CANT totally support american companys So many have been driven out of buisness that theres some things you just cant find american made anymore and im sure 10 years from now the number of things that will exclusively be foriegn will double. The welfare lines will be longer and some of you will on them if not for sure your children.

Fenix i dont know if you were trying to twist an article around to show a verono is made overseas but the first paragraph of that same article spells it out

The Buick Verano is a front engine, front-wheel drive layout, four-door, five passenger, luxury compact sedan manufactured at the General Motors Orion Assembly plant in Orion Township, Michigan.

Nope, C&P "as-is" with URL provided! lightbulb

The bottom line is already clearly noted in #22 and #24. :cool:

BTW, I picked a random corner in my house and found the following items (all MADE IN THE USA) that belong to my Karelian Bear Dog (... and yes, it's not a US breed :) ).

P2032113_zps49b19dee.jpg

P2032114_zpsef2c0230.jpg

P2032115_zpsc43da50a.jpg

P2032117_zps66ed3f05.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.