Almost a 3 manner in Idaho

Send the ducks down to TX, it has been very slow in Northeast TX, spent 3hrs Saturday morning and had one flock of 6 Mallard's come in, quite all morning, not much shooting and the temperature is in the mid 70's today..
We still haven't had our big fly through from what I've seen. They'll get there!

3B6AC80F-3723-40FA-8062-0A3171C35695.jpeg

We had one push right before thanksgiving in Northwest Tx mallards,widgeons few pintail but it warmed up and back north they went
And nearly none in East Texas
We've shot a few pinnys. A lot of teal. Few gaddys. We try to stray from shooting the golden eyes. Taste like dirt. But when its slow we get after them. Jerky is jerky.

Yeah...the goodies I shot in Oregon were only for wall decor...
They were eating myrtle nuts....should say swallowing....guts full...
Tasted like crap.....very strong smell to the meat also....
I would take a fat mallard any day......although canvasback is awesome.........no details.....:D

Yeah...the goodies I shot in Oregon were only for wall decor...
They were eating myrtle nuts....should say swallowing....guts full...
Tasted like crap.....very strong smell to the meat also....
I would take a fat mallard any day......although canvasback is awesome.........no details.....:D
Never shot a canvy! Maybe some day

Nice hunt, we have plenty of Woodies here in GA, I live on the western edge of the state so we get some migratory birds out of the Miss flyway and some out of the Atlantic but it's been slow so far, it's 60deg right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.