Allen Precision Shooting, New wildcat chamberings!!

Looked longer then the lapua. When i started with my 300 Raptor and 338 Raptor development, i used the 300 pegasus and 338 excalibur parent cases. They were good but nit quite what i wanted. They were an improvement over my 300 Allen Xpress and 338 Allen Xpress based on the lapua, but the lapua parent case was so strong i was only able to gain around 50-75 fps with the full length cases. Made a few rifles and they worked well, shot very well.

Then decided to go full tilt and contacted bertram to have him make me a case that was the same diameter as the lapua but the same length as the Cheytac.

And the Raptor case was born. Unfortuantely there were issues between bertram and me and the that project, i thought was dead until i found out bertram was making the raptor brass and selling it. Rather upsetting but we can not get it here in the US.

Apparently MR. tubbs liked the design enough to get some samples and then hire peterson brass to make his 33 XC. Which has a bit shorter case body length and bit longer neck. More designed for competition, my original Raptor designed to get most capacity for the case length as i focus on big game hunting, not competition.

Certainly no ill will againt David. Heck i used the RUM, Lapua, Cheytac and BMG parent cases to make my wildcats.

No details on the parent case for my 300 Allen Magnum yet other then to say it will be based on the cheytac diameter case head. Time will tell if it produces enough performance to justify it over the 300 Raptor. Considering working with peterson to make my Raptor cases. If that happens, there would be no point in the 300 Allen Magnum as it would likely not offer much other then the need for a CT class receiver.

you running rebated case head i assume?

Its amazing back in the early 2000s i was getting yelled off long range hunting for wildcats like the 257 Allen Magnum, 270 Allen Magnum and 7mm Allen Magnum and literally being called a liar for the ballistic numbers we were reporting. Also, other then Dave Viers and his 338 snipertac, my 338 Allen Magnum were the first of the hyper performance 338 wildcats on the market.

Now, 15 years later, they are mainstream and everyone is making their own design. Fun times. It was not always fun in the beginning but that changed quickly and now it is fun to see where it has all gone and exciting to think where it will go in the next 15 years!!!

We are all truely the tip of the sword, keep up the fine work!!

the original rim diameter is .575" on the 500 Jefferey and Dr. Ken Howell fixed that on his 500 AHR by going with 338 Lapua rim diameter at .585"

after the weak brass issues we decided to have our own version made with mods to thickened case head as seen in Lapua made 338 Lap and 423 Dakota brass, we retained the Lapua diameter rim and improved the case body on the Executioner case so we can get more capacity in a shorter case length, pretty much an entirely new case design, I figured since going to all the expense might as well optimize the cartridge case fully and essentially recreated CT capacity in a cartridge suitable for 338 Lapua actions, ON an entirely new case body diameter never done before

the original rim diameter is .575" on the 500 Jefferey and Dr. Ken Howell fixed that on his 500 AHR by going with 338 Lapua rim diameter at .585"

after the weak brass issues we decided to have our own version made with mods to thickened case head as seen in Lapua made 338 Lap and 423 Dakota brass, we retained the Lapua diameter rim and improved the case body on the Executioner case so we can get more capacity in a shorter case length, pretty much an entirely new case design, I figured since going to all the expense might as well optimize the cartridge case fully and essentially recreated CT capacity in a cartridge suitable for 338 Lapua actions, ON an entirely new case body diameter never done before

Have you seen any issues with case head compression over the life of the case? Have done some experimenting in the past rebating case heads down and none of them turned out well for me, or at least not up to my standards for case life.

Smart of you to redesign the case while you were modifying it. Interesting design.

What are you running for mag systems for repeaters?

Good to have you back Kirby. I'm on the fence with either the 6.5 or .25 stalker.
Steve can cut me some great Bullets for either.
Btw I just returned from a Texas trip and on the last day I pulled out the .375 AM after someone was showing off a .338 lapua improved. He quickly felt inadequate when I sent down a loaded round next to his. Lol.
Anyhow was able to take some pigs at some good distance with it. So far I'm batting 100 with it. Love the thing just need a lighter one for carrying. And I love .25's
Great to have you back.

Good to have you back Kirby. I'm on the fence with either the 6.5 or .25 stalker.
Steve can cut me some great Bullets for either.
Btw I just returned from a Texas trip and on the last day I pulled out the .375 AM after someone was showing off a .338 lapua improved. He quickly felt inadequate when I sent down a loaded round next to his. Lol.
Anyhow was able to take some pigs at some good distance with it. So far I'm batting 100 with it. Love the thing just need a lighter one for carrying. And I love .25's
Great to have you back.

Yes the 375 AM has a way of making a 338 Lapua look a little small....

I am a huge fan of the big 25 cals as well. When My great friend Richard Graves was making me the amazing 156 gr. ULD RBBT with a BC in the .820 range. The 257 Allen Magnum was a true beast ballistically. With conventional 25 cal bullets it can not run with the 6.5 bullet family which is to bad.

The 25 is all American, would love to see more energy put into fast twist barrels and bullets in the 150 gr class. In my opinion, about perfect for deer size game out to 1/2 mile easily.

Parent case is the .416 Rigby. I am using a 32" barrel hence some of the speed.

The parent case you are looking at for the new .300 Allan Magnum would it be using the same base as the .338 Lapua .300 Raptor and .416 Rigby? I went the route I did is because when I started my Build the Longest brass I could get at the time in teh same base as the Lapua Was .416 Rigby. Now there is a couple options that Give even more capacity then mine. The Raptor Brass or Tubbs 33XC brass.

I had thought about the 500 Jeffery its about the same length as the .338 Lapua BUT a lot fatter. My problem was a action for it cost a LOT more then What I used for the .300 BSM.

Look forward to seeing How the .300 Allan Magnum does when you get it up and going. I like fast .308 Caliber Guns. Make That just Fast Guns in General. As long as they can print a good pattern that is.
How do you get a hold of Kirby Allen would like to order a rifle.
Thank you, Rex Green
[email protected]