Aftermarket Triggers

I know that rifles keep getting better, and that includes barrels, triggers and weight. Still, some folks just like to have their trigger just the way they like it and choose an aftermarket trigger to get the best function. Any of you use an aftermarket trigger and which one?
I've never needed an after market trigger all my rifles are older style model 70's and I could always adjust them down to where they are perfect for me, but that's just me 😁😁

TriggerTech Diamond. I've been using TriggerTech for a number of years now and find them fantastic. Extremely clean, crisp break. Before the Diamond came out, I used their Special model trigger. I was introduced to them by Pierce Engineering, who built a custom rifle for me.

I have not had any experience with the major trigger companies (ie, Trigger Tech, Timney, Jewell, etc). However, I purchased a Geissele Super 700 when it first came out and have been very happy with it. My only complaint is that I can't find them in stock anywhere to get another one.

I have 3 different types of triggers in my rifles. Jewell, Timney's and TriggerTech Diamond. I can adjust the TriggerTech from outside anytime if needed without having to take the action out of the stock. The only thing is, I wish that TriggerTech built units for more different makes. I have several 98 action that have been converter to other chambers, restocked and used, with Jewel, and Timney triggers. TriggerTech takes my vote, if you can get it for your action. I like the Mauser 98 action, because of there dead bolt lock. It can't be moved unless you move it. Others with safety on the side of the action can be moved by just carrying it and rube up against your side. Rem action I won't carry the rifle with a round in the chamber. Only then I would chamber a round when going to shoot. If I am to slow or make a noise, and the animal leave, so be it.

I have a timney calvin elite in a rem 700, I installed it myself, easy, but it was too light for me for a hunting rig, took it to a smith for 2lb setting, its great for the money

It really depends on how you plan to use your rifle. I run Trigger Tech, Jewel and Timney on my rifles. Trigger Tech and Jewel are both excellent triggers and work really well for my precision rifles. Timney is a step behind the other two for precision work in my mind, but still a solid trigger and great for hunting applications at a fair price.

I know that rifles keep getting better, and that includes barrels, triggers and weight. Still, some folks just like to have their trigger just the way they like it and choose an aftermarket trigger to get the best function. Any of you use an aftermarket trigger and which one?
My custom 6.5 PRC came with a Trigger Tech, and I love it.

I have installed several Timney's and never had a trigger problem.Then a friend asked me to install a Trigger Tech and it was the easyest trigger I ever installed.
Like Bob Wright Timneys are too fat and have to remove much material but Trigger Tech didn't.
From now on Trigger Tech all the way!