Africa Hunting / Safari

Could always go to hunt nuisance/predators. On my hunt in Limpopo Province the baboons were plentiful. I was able to call jackal and warthogs as well. Those hunts I will never forget!

When we hunted in SA nuisance/predators were free. Now they are charging $250 US and special permit for Baboons. Check before you set up your hunt.
We had some good guides. Bob & Trompie

Attachments

• Bob & Trompie.JPG
    Bob & Trompie.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 64
Check out Kemp African Safaris. They do exceptional photo safaris as well as hunting safaris. Rated as one of the best for trophy quality for multiple years running I would feel very comfortable going with Dawie. Good luck!

I did a plains game hunt in the Karoo area of South Africa in 2012 on a 56,000 acre ranch. Absolutely NOTHING goes to waste! What the outfitter didn't keep for himself, his family or crew was sold locally. Parts of the animal that most Americans consider inedible is used. Nothing and I mean NOTHING goes to waste..

I did a plains game hunt in the Karoo area of South Africa in 2012 on a 56,000 acre ranch. Absolutely NOTHING goes to waste! What the outfitter didn't keep for himself, his family or crew was sold locally. Parts of the animal that most Americans consider inedible is used. Nothing and I mean NOTHING goes to waste..
Yep the locals eat the hooves and intestines. Nothing goes to waste!

Not sure Im on the same subject or not. But......Does anyone know what the cheapest option is to go hunting in Africa?
Everything is expensive these days but you can harvest several animals in Africa for the price of one in US. We went several times with free flights United Milage Points. The Package Hunt was fairly inexpensive, but then the Taxidermy and shipping the mounts back was as much as the Hunt.
If you can do it spend the extra money for a trip of a lifetime!!!!!!!

Not sure Im on the same subject or not. But......Does anyone know what the cheapest option is to go hunting in Africa?
A cull hunt, taking pictures and a skin or two that is done there rather than mounts is about as cheap as it gets. You can always add one trophy animal, with or without mount and not ramp up the cost much. There are some excellent taxidermist in SA but there are also some really bad ones.

Joe Regal taxidermy is one of the great ones

This article might be helpful.

I hunted with this outfit in 2012 and in looking at his price list, the trophy fees have actually gone down a bit with the current currency conversion.
https://www.jakkalskuilsafaris.com/index.htm

What his website does not tell you is that the "farm" as he calls it, has been in his family since the mid 1600's. His farm is 56,000 acres. Also the "farms" on either side of him belong to relatives and are each over 50,000 acres, so you have access to over 150,000 acres of hunting area.
The "farm" is in a area of RSA know as the Karoo. It would remind an American of the High plains of Wyoming.
There are packages listed, but you can very easily just put together your own package for whatever critters you want to harvest which is what I did..
You will often be fed what you have shot. While I was there, I ate Impala, Gemsbuck, Blue Wildebeest, and springbok and wart hog.. NOTHING is wasted, One of the first tings they did with my Wildebeest was to cut it up and make biltong which i munched on the whole time I was there. The meat that they cannot use in camp gets sold locally and they eat parts that we would discard. Nothing is wasted and I mean nothing.

Most Americans will go overgunned. I brought with me my Sako 375 H&H, and my Remington 700 30-06. I used the 375 for a Kudu, the Blue Wildebeest and a wart hog only because it was a target of opportunity. If I were to go again, and I may, I would bring only my 06 with 180gr Noslers or maybe a 7/08 . Of all the animals I shot, the toughest one in my opinion was the Zebra. Anyway, I shot a kudu, gemsbok, Blesbok, Impala, zebra, springbok and a warthog. all for less than 6,500. I had the taxidermy done IN RSA for less than half what it cost to have it done here and even with shipping it was still cheaper than having it done here. BUT, If I ever do it again, I won't bring anything back but a picture. All these trophies take up a lot of room, nobody is gonna want them after i croak, and I could have spent the cost of the taxidermy and shipping on more trophy fees and shot more stuff.

The service you receive while you are there is beyond comparison to anything in the US. You only need to bring a few sets of clothes for a 2 week hunt. Your traveling clothes, camp clothes, and 2 sets hunting clothes. You put your dirty clothes in a basket in your room, when you go out hunting they will take your laundry, wash and press everything including your sox, and leave them folded nicely on your bed by the time you return to camp.
No matter how much exercise you get while you are there, you are going to gain weight. They feed you and feed you and feed you and its all good. the only thing I had that I didn't care for was wart hog sausage.. It was kinda dry and tough compared to US pork sausage.

To summarize, I would say that it was by far the best hunting experience of my life, and if you can swing it, DO IT!

The most expensive part of the trip was the airfare getting there and the flight is long and uncomfortable, but always remember this... You can borrow money, but you cannot borrow time.~

Just called about the 6x6 package. Rich doesnt do their sales anymore but gave me alot of great information and I just sent an email to the website to find out what all we need to do. CROSSING FINGERS

Recent Posts