A good accurate concealed carry pistol

Explain. Assuming you're talking the shied mags, right?
Or the PSA micro-slicks (15rd)-- they come with 10rd single stacks.

I think the G19 as an overall do-it-all handgun (CC, duty, nightstand, plinking) is impossible to beat, small or large footprint lights, full size RDS capable, add a comp or suppressor if you want and unbeatable magazine/parts interoperability (anywhere you go in the world someone will have a double stack glock mag and parts).

If you don't like glock ergos then try the M&P. Again I've seen shields/sub-compacts not work well but the 4.0" (g19 size) are g2g.

-- my full size gun is a 2.0 CORE w/ apex trigger and the only thing I've shot that I like better is my Staccato.

It is a much thinner profile than the G19 and is easier for more people to be comfortable with and much lighter to boot. Just a better all around carry package.

100%

I think the only reason the 43x/48 wouldn't make a g19 a total by-gone is the sheer number of them produced over time and the accessbility of parts/mags/aftermarket accessories.

I used to compete with S&W revolvers, 1911, Browning Hi Powers and a CZ85, But my EDC is a Glock 23. I'll probably augment it with a pocket carry piece.

I have been carrying a P320 X-Compact frame with a carry length slide which is dimensionally about identical to a Glock 19. I just got my P365 XL and it is pretty fantastic to carry. Compact, thin, accurate, and easier to shoot than I thought it would be considering its size. I am not a Glock guy but carried a 23 for work and also had an HK P2000SK, and I don't miss either of them.

I worked for several years in th US, so could avail myself of CC and only carried a 1911 or a Browning HP, that would be my choice today. Not at the same time.

With a proper belt and holster and due care with how you dress, you can hide a howitzer and still carry it all day.

Glocks never did feel right.

I did carry a 686 for a while just to prove you could CC a big revolver. It wasn't that bad, think I still have the kydex holster here somewhere. It was iwb and behind the hip, you needed to wear a vest .

Put a combat pistol or revolver in a machine rest, feed it decent ammunition and you will find the majority of them are capable of astounding accuracy, some match capable...

But, the sights on earlier models, left a lot to be desired, because the intent and purpose was to be used quick and fast at close range and "Minute of threat " was good enough.

Pick your poison ..aimed fire....point fire...or whatever...weaver, tripod, isoceles...offensive, defensive...

Find one you like and are willing to carry and practice with and have fun.

Recent Posts