90-day jail time starts today

I listened to a podcast this week from the hunt backcountry podcast. They were talking to the guy who owns silencer central, and this guy is as much an insider with the ATF as anyone could be. He said that they told everyone at shot show a couple weeks ago that they would work all the way through the paper filings from last year before they looked at the first e-file. They were working on march 2021 applications at the time of shot show.

You guys won't get e-file approvals until the end of the year, if you're lucky. Maybe by this time next year they will have the e-file system working faster.

You guys won't get e-file approvals until the end of the year, if you're lucky. Maybe by this time next year they will have the e-file system working faster.
I am a half-full guy and would instead not think the wait couldgoalltheway for a year. As previously noted, it is not a showstopper for me. I do not sweat the stuff I do not have control over.

Congratulations! Wow, 90 days?! 2015-2017 had 7-10 month waits on paper Form 4 XFer to Trust.

I listened to a podcast this week from the hunt backcountry podcast. They were talking to the guy who owns silencer central, and this guy is as much an insider with the ATF as anyone could be. He said that they told everyone at shot show a couple weeks ago that they would work all the way through the paper filings from last year before they looked at the first e-file. They were working on march 2021 applications at the time of shot show.

My cousin in CO just got his eform at 75 days. My earliest one from Mar last year on a trust is still pending.

My cousin in CO just got his eform at 75 days. My earliest one from Mar last year on a trust is still pending.

75 days is encouraging - Snipershide, Rokslide, and Reddit have had members getting approved in under 90 as well. Hoping to hear of more good results. I certified a Form 4 on Feb 7th and March 9th, so either way, I have a ways to wait still.

The key with suppressors is eventually you just forget about them while waiting, then you get an awesome surprise when your dealer calls you to say "come and get it"!

62 days for me!!!! I did the E-File January 18th and got it March 23rd.
5A4643B0-5F58-4419-B011-F2A2AC429D3D.jpeg

Last edited:
I have to admit I had never heard of Rex Silentium until another Montana LRH member mentioned it (sorry, I cannot remember who provided the information but thank you very much). I wanted to support my local economy and went a made-in Montana product (my 2nd, 1st was Eliteiron). The guys at Rex Silentium are amazing; the can was at my FFL in 3 days upon payment.

This new Silencer Shop way is a nearly painless process to me. It would have been even more straightforward if I had bought the suppressor from Silencer Shop. In either case, it is a breeze.

Ed
Thanks for the info. My ignorant butt learns something every day both good and bad to some. Today it's good for me.

I'll be interested to see if they hold true to taking care of their backlog first. I have some paper form 4s from Mar and June last year on a trust still waiting. I did one of the first electronic ones on the earlier system and it was a couple of months.
Sucks and looks like typical gov efficiency on everything. They clearly did not do what a successful business would have. Now they should have time to get caught up since e file is clearing out the new ones.

75 days is encouraging - Snipershide, Rokslide, and Reddit have had members getting approved in under 90 as well. Hoping to hear of more good results. I certified a Form 4 on Feb 7th and March 9th, so either way, I have a ways to wait still.

The key with suppressors is eventually you just forget about them while waiting, then you get an awesome surprise when your dealer calls you to say "come and get it"!

Sounds good. All my other suppressors since 2015 have been long wait times. Two of them took 1 1/2 yrs. or more to get.

I just paid for a silencer central banish 30. I'll get to the kiosk before the weekend is out. It will probably get here before the one I paid for last June if you can believe what some folks have written here.