7mm STW ballistics

has anyone else used the labradar

I have no personal experience with the lab radar except one time at the range a fellow shooter was using one and having trouble with it picking up others bullets from shooters that were next to him. (I don't know if it was a setting issue or not) we were shooting 300, 400 and 600yards and he had to move to a range that he had it by himself. Note: I have also seen this phenomena with sky screens in close proximity being affected by shock waves from other rifles, so it can or may not be a problem.

Any system can have it's draw backs. Like the Magneto Speeds weight being added to the barrel can move the POI. (Which is not a problem for me because I am looking for SD,s and velocities Not groups).

J E CUSTOM

I have a LabRadar and so far so good "for me". I don't have to contend with other shooters and love not missing shots due to lighting issues. Mounting base stinks but pretty easy to set up and use. I wish they had something that I could hook up to it and enter my information cal. bullet weight ect.) rather than trying to do it on the unit it's self.

Hoping the Bluetooth capabilities coming will allow for a lap top of smart phone to link in.
Here's a quick example.

https://www.facebook.com/717589255023395/videos/1178436272272022/

I also have the LabRadar, never picked up a shot from another shooter in a year's usage. I compared it with a magneto speed on barrel of my STW. Both were very consistent. The MS showed 6-7 fps faster speeds than LabRadar, but the LabRadar was tripod mounted 16" from brake on STW. The one downside to the Magneto Speed is POI change. Also, it will give somewhat different speeds if strap loosens, a bit and it will.

How do you like the magneto speed barrel mount chrono? I want to pull the trigger but the reviews I have seen seem to be from suspect folks who sell them and not the actual end users (Shooters) Seems almost too good to be true. I would value your opinion as I do most on this great site. living in VA its hard to find places to actually use my 7 STW to its full potential. But at 850yds nothing I have owned or shot compares when hand loaded. Im running 72.8gr of RL22 and a 162gr Amax. Its right a laser.

Its an awesome unit I have used it on everything from airguns to a braked lapua. worked like a charm. So good in fact I sold my other "skyscreen" chronos.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.