7mm Rem Mag on coyotes

Id have to see it to believe it😉 ive hit two yotes with the 160 partitions out of the 7mag.....fur friendly it was NOT! Coarse niether is the 22-250 shootin 75 grain Amaxes.
Had fair luck with the 40vmax out of the 223 but to be fair coyotes are always on the menue but just dont get many shots off.
I only shot 4 that year with 160 np, 2 same type of exit, 1 "not to bad". 1 ruined. I can't explain why those first 2 didn't blow a HUGE exit wound? Both between 3-400 yds.

Thats for sure. Shooting suppressed to so it made the plop even louder. It absolutely splattered him haha. Shot a porcupine yesterday also and it did the same thing. Looked like a bomb went off inside him and three 15 feet.
porckypine smells like skunk. Shot one in Wyo with my 7/08AI 120gr Ballistic Tip @ 3100fps
I could smell that SOB 200yrds away. That's an odd little critter.

Call'em in at night... they can't see you. Most fun you can have with your clothes on...

Attachments

• C931CB86-6147-42E3-ADC9-92329C0865AC.png
    C931CB86-6147-42E3-ADC9-92329C0865AC.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 170
Some of them look a little funny when your done sewing them back together . The color lines just don't quit line up right . I haven't seen much rime nor reason as to why you can use the same bullet and one will explode and another one doesn't except that one may have more water in it's mussel mass when you don't hit bones . My brother-in-law used to shoot them with his 7mm rem mag and not do much fur damage but I can't remember what load he used .

I've killed quite a few dogs with a 7 RM and 162g AMAXs...Definitely does the trick haha...Kill them with anything I have at the time, they're targets of opportunity. Killed them with everything from a .22 LR to a 338 EDGE/300g SMKs. My dedicated coyote rifle was usually a 25/06 with 100g or 115g NBTs however. Now it's a 240 WBY with 87g VMAX or 105g Match HPBT. Calling rifle is either a triple deuce with 40g VMAX or 223 with 53g VMAX. All of them leave decent holes when a shoulder or a rib is hit. Then again, I dont save the pelts, so I dont care about the hides. Only skinned a couple of the bigger nicer ones out that didnt have a softball or larger hole in them.

My brother had just bought his brand new Browning Medalion A Bolt in 300 Win Mag. He and his friends went out night hunting. He spotted a coyote standing facing at 250 yds. Hit him head on and he said the coyotes eyes did a one and half backward gainger!

Coyote Olympics I tell ya!

Three44s

Has anyone tried match grade hollowpoints? I have a box of 7mm/140 grain I was thinking of trying. (7mm Rem Mag) I do want to save the furs, but we have wolves here too and I want to be ready if they show up.