ARlife4me

I have 1# of this and not sure what to do with it as I haven't used any before. Originally bought it for 264wm heavy loads, but never started any development. Is this ever going to be in stock again or has it been completely discontinued? Could it be ok in 243win or 270win?

I left Hodgdon's powders because of the way they discontinue some excellent powders. IMR-4166 shot amazing in several of my rifles and after investing in it, they drop the whole line. They're IMR came out with IMR Red, Blue, Green, Target, and Unequal only to drop it a short time later. Unequal never even made it to market that I saw before it was dropped. The list could go on. Moved on to a more stable line of powders and purged my cabinet of Hodgdon. CCI next on my list. Once I use up their primers I have on hand, they're outta here too

I left Hodgdon's powders because of the way they discontinue some excellent powders. IMR-4166 shot amazing in several of my rifles and after investing in it, they drop the whole line. They're IMR came out with IMR Red, Blue, Green, Target, and Unequal only to drop it a short time later. Unequal never even made it to market that I saw before it was dropped. The list could go on. Moved on to a more stable line of powders and purged my cabinet of Hodgdon. CCI next on my list. Once I use up their primers I have on hand, they're outta here too
Primers in large rifle are unstable on availability, so I'll get what I can. Maybe I need an insider to locate what I need.

I too want to leave them but we have limited options. It's either Vista who just sold that line and Hodgdon. Those two have the lion share and control maker and price.

This is why I have been preaching this for years now. When you buy or build a new gun, buy enough brass and components to last the life of the barrel. Used to just be brass, but times change. If you cannot get the right ones, choose a different cartridge. Yes, It adds to the costs. It also will keep you from rebarreling prematurely, or owning a nice boat paddle. Trust me on this one. I bought the T-shirt.

I left Hodgdon's powders because of the way they discontinue some excellent powders. IMR-4166 shot amazing in several of my rifles and after investing in it, they drop the whole line.

After extensive testing and load development using the Enduron powders for two years (thousands of rounds), we sold all of it that we had in the shop. We were able to establish better loads and performance using other manufacturers powders. Useless in my opinion. I'm glad other found a way to make some of it work well.