7 mm ultramag load?

morhuntin

well i finally have time to start messing around with this 7mm rum i got from gamedog,just wondering if there's anyone with loads out there for the 180vlds,ive started with retumbo but may end up with h1000.unfortunately its labor day and can't get ahold of bryan at berger so any help would be greatly appreciated..:)

well i finally have time to start messing around with this 7mm rum i got from gamedog,just wondering if there's anyone with loads out there for the 180vlds,ive started with retumbo but may end up with h1000.unfortunately its labor day and can't get ahold of bryan at berger so any help would be greatly appreciated..:)

I just picked up my new 7mm RUM. It has a Sheilen 1 in 9 twist barrel 26inch. I was dead set on using the 180gr bergers. boy am I happy. I tried H1000 first which is what all my buddys use with great success. My riffle however did do well with it. I found that sweet spot with 91.5 gr of Retumbo with the 180VLD right at .005 off the lands. Velocity is 3215fps which is much better than I had hoped for.5 shot group mesured .216 after deducting .284 for the bullet. Made my day! Good luck

I found Retumbo the best, I use 98.0 gr (above max) for 140s at 3650 fps, cuts the same hole.

I have a second rum, that I load 168 VLDs (93.5 gr) of rutumbo (above max) it works well again well under MOA.

I struggled with these rums, until Retumbo came along.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.