6.8 Wester ADG Brass

Lou270

Several folks have lamented the fact can only get Win brass for the 6.8W. Looks like ADG is starting to work on it. I posted this on FB group:

Hey folks, this dealer is looking to start taking orders for trial runs ADG Cartridge Brass. I don't know anything about them other than sponsor on AfricanHunting forum and not promoting them over anybody else but first official ADG dealer public communication on 6.8W I have seen

Please check out and order or get on list. I have never bought anything from them but google searches indicate legit. However, can join that forum and ask questions directly to dealer or call them. This is super news if pans out and ADG gets enough interest to move forward.

Lou

Raven Rock Precision is the dealer on that forum trying to put this together. I put my name on the list for 6.8 Western. I've been resizing Norma 7mm SAUM brass and fire forming to 6.8 Western.

I went to Raven Rock website and did not find a list or way to order so I sent them a message under "Contact Us" tab and asked to be included for ADG brass in 6.8 Western.
Go to the African Hunting forum and register. Once registered, you have to post on the thread you are interested in the 270 WSM or 6.8 Western ADG brass.

driftersgear who is a sponsor posted about this a few weeks back. I didn't see any kind of sign up from them and was just planning on buying it from them when it was available. But, I may do this other sign up as well, can't have enough good 6.8 brass!

Towards the bottom of his post..

driftersgear who is a sponsor posted about this a few weeks back. I didn't see any kind of sign up from them and was just planning on buying it from them when it was available. But, I may do this other sign up as well, can't have enough good 6.8 brass!

Towards the bottom of his post..

I like drifters gear they are a good vendor.

Raven Rock Precision is the dealer on that forum trying to put this together. I put my name on the list for 6.8 Western. I've been resizing Norma 7mm SAUM brass and fire forming to 6.8 Western.
I'm pretty new here but have been reloading for a long time. I'm having a hell of a time trying to fire form 7 saum. Wonder if I could pick your brain?

I'm pretty new here but have been reloading for a long time. I'm having a hell of a time trying to fire form 7 saum. Wonder if I could pick your brain?
Have at it, I don't k ow how much there is to pick though. I can tell you how I did it and my failure with 300 WSM brass as well.

Have at it, I don't k ow how much there is to pick though. I can tell you how I did it and my failure with 300 WSM brass as well.
I appreciate it! So here goes, I bought ADG 7SAUM brass. Sized it and trimmed it. Wouldnt catch in the bolt face so I left the bullets out a bit so they would jamb into the lands when closing the bolt amd force the brass back into the bolt. I also removed the ejector pin from the bolt to help. Loaded some 150 gr bullets with 52 grains of IMR4350. 3 of 4 wouldn't fire, the one that did, the shoulder of the brass is crumpled in, see attached pic. Any ideas??
20240406_114121.png