6.5 Sherman Shortmag Load Data

I know this particular thread has been dormant for a bit but it seems a good place to ask this, assuming others are still watching, if not I will start a new thread. Wanted to see if anybody had created a 6.5 SS file in QuickDesign? I just bought QuickLoad, has not arrived yet, and wanted to see if someone else has already done the work, and wanted to share. If not I will give it a go when I have it setup.

I know this particular thread has been dormant for a bit but it seems a good place to ask this, assuming others are still watching, if not I will start a new thread. Wanted to see if anybody had created a 6.5 SS file in QuickDesign? I just bought QuickLoad, has not arrived yet, and wanted to see if someone else has already done the work, and wanted to share. If not I will give it a go when I have it setup.
Go for it !!

My shooting buddy and I are working on a QL for the 6.5 SST. We have a starting point built now and once we have some live data we can start tweaking the numbers.
My barrel will be here on Monday so here in the next several weeks we should be able to start modifying what we currently have in QL and dialing it in.

My shooting buddy and I are working on a QL for the 6.5 SST. We have a starting point built now and once we have some live data we can start tweaking the numbers.
My barrel will be here on Monday so here in the next several weeks we should be able to start modifying what we currently have in QL and dialing it in.
We are working with the 6.5 SST II .125 FB.....

I appreciate that James!
No problem Rich I am looking forward, and extremely excited to work on this. QL is a great tool once live data is placed. It may take a little more work because we are working with a cartridge that is not presently found in QL, but I a certainly optimistic we can get it 'dialed' in short time....

No problem Rich I am looking forward, and extremely excited to work on this. QL is a great tool once live data is placed. It may take a little more work because we are working with a cartridge that is not presently found in QL, but I a certainly optimistic we can get it 'dialed' in short time....
One thing others have noticed wit the Sherman shorts is they generally perform above where QL suggests. If I recall correctly, the charge may end up close but velocity is higher.

I would be really interested in the QL data on the 6.5 SS. How do i get access to the info once it's ready?

One thing others have noticed wit the Sherman shorts is they generally perform above where QL suggests. If I recall correctly, the charge may end up close but velocity is higher.
That is great information to have. So it may end up we would be at powder charge X, but be working with the next node higher on the BT/ms. Which would be a good thing IMO....
Example for 26" barrel, barrel time nodes on the low end for a 6.5 PRC with 153 A-Tips, 1.330ms - 1.315ms and next node up would be 1.245ms - 1.260ms. The higher node usually puts you at or above recommended pressure's. It would be nice to work in the higher bt/ms at the lower powder charge for the 6.5 SST. We will see how it shakes out.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.