6.5 PRC with 147ELD-M

Your 124 Hammer Hunter is plenty or 156 Berger Hybrid. Used both with good results. I have never used an ELDM on game but would probably be fine. Id use a 143 ELDX before that..have killed Whitetails and lope with it DRT. 124 Hammer Hunter and 156 Berger Hybrid my go to's.

It's funny how different outfitters recommend different bullets for the 6.5 Prc. Or for any caliber for that matter. My outfitter recommended the 140 VLDH for my 6.5 Prc for my up coming elk hunt this fall. He didn't mention the 147 eldm, but wasn't crazy about the 143 eldx. Just saying. Fallowing this thread.

It's funny how different outfitters recommend different bullets for the 6.5 Prc. Or for any caliber for that matter. My outfitter recommended the 140 VLDH for my 6.5 Prc for my up coming elk hunt this fall. He didn't mention the 147 eldm, but wasn't crazy about the 143 eldx. Just saying. Fallowing this thread.
I shoot the 140 grain elite hunters out of my 6.5 x 284 and they have worked very well for me. 10 hunting shots, ten dead animals, no tracking just dead, including a very large Kudu Bull in South Africa at 402 yards. Would not hesitate for a second to use those.

Your 124 Hammer Hunter is plenty or 156 Berger Hybrid. Used both with good results. I have never used an ELDM on game but would probably be fine. Id use a 143 ELDX before that..have killed Whitetails and lope with it DRT. 124 Hammer Hunter and 156 Berger Hybrid my go to's.
I was surprised he didn't mention the 156 eol. I know he shoots a 6.5- 284. Not sure but apparently he has confidence in the 140 vldh berger.

I have read alot of mixed reviews about the 156's. Some love them and some say they don't expand the way they should , like the 140's do. I have like 8 boxes of them but since I read the mixed reviews have been heistant to try them.

Are you using the 156's in a PRC? If so what kind of velocity are you getting?