6.5 Grendel for whitetail

I think grendel is pretty good for whitetails....especially if your in woods or the like where you're not taking long shots (200-300 yards). I've only taken one (so far) with my grendel....but plan on taking many more!

I've killed several deer & pigs with my Grendels. As with any lower velocity round bullet selection is a bit more critical.

I've had best luck with the 123 ELDM but you have to be a bit mindful on distance.

Keep bullets in the 100-110 grain range and you have more flexibility.

100 grain Nosler Ballistic tips have been killers for me as well. I have a smoking fast load worked up using 97 grain Hammer Absolutes but have not shot anything with them yet.
Would you share your hammer recipe. I love a grendel and have a box of those 97grn hammers on my bench. Thanks either way

I shot 99 grain Hammer Hunter in my Grendel for a season using a CZ 527 24 inch barrel. I was using Alliant power pro varmite. Start at 99% of max load using standard bullets and move up until you hit pressure. Back off half to three quarter grain, Hammers like a little bit of a jump. Something in 40 to 65 thousands. This is a bolt gun.good luck.

I kill a LOT of deer with the Grendel since it is my main depredation round that I use with thermal. Distances range from 50 to 425 yards. I use eldm's and SSTs. I shoot mid to high shoulder and they drop in their tracks. My brother and his family kill 15-20 per year with his. He uses SSTs religiously and loves them. His daughter shoots them in the crease with SSTs and they go about 20 yards leaving very good blood.
We have both been very impressed by what this little cartridge can do in a gas gun. It hits very hard. Another bullet I think would be stellar in this cartridge is the 125 Partition.

I shot 99 grain Hammer Hunter in my Grendel for a season using a CZ 527 24 inch barrel. I was using Alliant power pro varmite. Start at 99% of max load using standard bullets and move up until you hit pressure. Back off half to three quarter grain, Hammers like a little bit of a jump. Something in 40 to 65 thousands. This is a bolt gun.good luck.
Exact bullet for me but I'm using 8208. Lights out so far.