Attachments

• IMG_4808.JPG
    IMG_4808.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Nice!!!

Just picked one up. Gonna start loading this weekend. See how mine shoot so

Let me know if u los and what u come up with

I went with the Brownell's Satern 5R button barrel. I would have preferred a cut rifled barrel but this one will provide adequate service I think.

I went to the range today in the monsoon we are having here locally.

My first three at 100 (shots 5, 6, & 7 from the new bbl):

I was about 7-8 inches high and off the paper, plus the three shots landed next to an existing bullet hole (looks like a 4 shot group - the existing bullet hole doesn't have the dark ring around the hole).

I forgot my cleaning rod so I didn't get to do my typical barrel breakin, so I didn't get much accomplished today. Just as well. The rain prevented any chronographing anyway.

Regards,
Rog

Attachments

• IMG_4822.JPG
    IMG_4822.JPG
    581.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I went with the Brownell's Satern 5R button barrel. I would have preferred a cut rifled barrel but this one will provide adequate service I think.

I went to the range today in the monsoon we are having here locally.

I was about 7-8 inches high and off the paper, plus the three shots landed next to an existing bullet hole (looks like a 4 shot group - the existing bullet hole doesn't have the dark ring around the hole).

I forgot my cleaning rod so I didn't get to do my typical barrel breakin, so I didn't get much accomplished today. Just as well. The rain prevented any chronographing anyway.

Regards,
Rog
I thought the contour looked familiar, I used the same 24" barrel on my 6.5G build. At the time I didn't have the money for the 22" Rainier Arms UltraMatch barrel, but I might still upgrade it later. It's slightly heavier than the 24" heavy Satern.

Here's mine that I built in 2015 with the same barrel as your's, unfortunately I haven't had time to even shoot it much, but now that turkey season will be over tomorrow, I will be doing a lot more shooting at my buddy's land down the road...

fullsizeoutput_10b1.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_10b2.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_10b3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_10b4.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_10b5.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_10b6.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks man. You're looks good, too.

Keep us updated how she shoots with that barrel, and I'll do the same when I get time to get to the range.

OP, Mudrunner, awesome rifles! My custom .223 looks like yours do. Kind of want to get a 6.5 now.

OP, Mudrunner, awesome rifles! My custom .223 looks like yours do. Kind of want to get a 6.5 now.

Other than cheap brass-cased surplus ammo for the 5.56, there is no advantage over the 6.5 Grendel. The Grendel is ballistically superior in every way. You can even get 25-round mags for it. :cool:

Sweet looking setups. :)

I'm trying to decide between building a 6.5 Grendel upper for my AR, or getting a 257 Bob from Kimber. Right now I'm leaning towards the Grendel. :rolleyes:

--TK

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.