6.5/284 load development resalts

ewallace

I was doing some load development for one of my 1000 yard HG yesterday and shot this group.
412202.jpg

412203-big.jpg

I was a little nerves shooting the last 2 shots I could not see the group getting bigger in the scope. I think I will try this load at the next 1k match I go to.

I think I'd tweak something and see if you can't tighten things up a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Outstanding!!!!

Crow Mag,

Well, what can you say about that group!!!!

How much does your rifle way and how many pop cans would that stock make if melted down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!! I assume its aluminum??

Need a matte finish on that baby, would blind your competitors!!! Oh, I see now!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

world class shooting my friend!!

Kirby Allen(50)

The stock is solid aluminum the rifle is around #55 and it would make a lot of pop cans with the shavings that came off it, let alone recycling the hole stock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Blind the competition and they cant see to shoot my thoughts exactly/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I hope I can shoot a couple world class group with it in Iowa in a couple weeks at the Iowa State 1k match.
The rifles parts list is
Bat 2"x10"
Broughton 8T 5R 30" Barrel
Nightfroce 8x32x56 BR
kelbly rings 30MOA base
Baer Aluminum stock
Jewell trigger
Rest is a Baer

Ernie
Wish I could shoot like that with a hand gun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Bill Bailey
You may be onto something may be more powder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nice group and rifle!
I gotta tell you that I have had a pic of your "chrome" rifle on my wallpaper for my laptop for almost two years now. It was the pic of it on that rest in front of what appears to be a blue bed or sheets or something.

It was the pic of your rifle that led me to LRH.com if you can believe that!! My uncle sent me an email with the picture on it and the ubb said it came from some crazy website called, "longrangehunting.com".

Beautiful stick! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

goodgrouper
I am honored that you have a pic of my rifle on your lap top is it this pic.
412320.jpg

crow mag,
this is the picture I remember sending to goodgrouper a couple years ago, I thought this was your 338 nawaska (sorry if I butchered the spelling) do you have a stock like this on your 338 also ????????? LOVE that stock the rest of the gun is sweet as well, if you could just get it to shoot better off that rickety bench /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
UB

Crowmag, excellent shooting!!!!and that rifle is awesome looking. What is the Diameter of your barrel. I know you said it was 30" long, but I am curious to know what the diameter is.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.