5RGenII disappointment in quality control

@4x , I never said that I did not look at it. I did look at it but skipped the crown during the excitement of receiving it. And noticed it during better light at home . I guess it happens

Ok guys I got my rifle back from the smith, he was able to place it in the lathe and widen the bevel on the crown without having to shorten or do much to the face and worry about the threads. Small nick on front face but out of the crown edge, will shoot and see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 53
Ok guys I got my rifle back from the smith, he was able to place it in the lathe and widen the bevel on the crown without having to shorten or do much to the face and worry about the threads. Small nick on front face but out of the crown edge, will shoot and see

See now...Wasn't that better than waiting 6 months for Remington to get it and send it back to you? :cool:

Might have cost you some cash, but you got it properly fixed (and fixed better, IMO) in a week instead of months of downtime. This is why I always suggest going the gunsmith route instead of sending anything back to the manufacturer (regardless of brand).

Come on, after all that you didn't have him scope the chamber and barrel ??
I almost want to send you my Hawkeye so we know what is going on in there.

Got my rifle back and started break in and load development, after some trial it is off to a good start at 100 yds, will move to 200 and 300 to test load further

208 Hornady ELD
76 gr h1000
Hornady brass
Rem magnum primer
3.600 Coal

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 52
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts