$3k Rifle setups

I like the rifle choice, I have one on back order right now. For me, I'd look to find a Trijicon or Nightforce scope/reticle that fits my needs. I also wouldn't want that much magnification on the low end for a hunting rifle though. That's my personal preference though.

I like the rifle choice, I have one on back order right now. For me, I'd look to find a Trijicon or Nightforce scope/reticle that fits my needs. I also wouldn't want that much magnification on the low end for a hunting rifle though. That's my personal preference though.
I primarily hunt in AZ and find myself in a lot of situations in the 6-800 yard range. For the range what magnification would you recommend?

I primarily hunt in AZ and find myself in a lot of situations in the 6-800 yard range. For the range what magnification would you recommend?
A 15-18x top end would be more than sufficient IMO. I generally shoot no higher than 15 for those distances but find that 12-10 is often the sweet spot. I like a low end of 2-4x. This is also reticle dependent which you will have to determine what suits you with the reticle you choose.

If the 24x makes you feel warm and tingly then don't hesitate to have it. It all boils down to personal preference.

The 4x -16x Zeiss IS, the all around best, affordable and useable, Big Game scope that, you could choose,. IMO
The 20- 24 X won't be used, except for,.. shooting, LR steel or, Group's on targets.
I have several 6.5 X 20's and NEVER use, the Higher Powers on, Big Game.
Mostly from 6X at closer ranges, to 12X at distance, due to wanting to HOLD, the Rifle's crosshairs very "Still",.. on kill zone for, the Shot.

Last edited:
I like this thinking. Two of my favorite optics brands. Trijicon for a litttle more budget friendly. Nightforce when I'm saying "what budget?" Check out www.eurooptic.com for deals on Trijicon scopes.

Similar for me. Though I also find myself working through vegetation where shots become well under a 100 yards if presented with an opportunity. I prefer 3X, but 4x with a big enough field of view works for me. If I were ONLY hunting at 200+ yards, your listed mag range would suit me just fine.

Hit up the search function.100's of threads many on each item. You can look up years worth of information on the rifle and scope.

Something in the 3-18, 4-20 type range would be a better scope option if you do any hunting at closer ranges. 6x as the low optic is kinda high.

I had a 300 win mag that had a 6x24x50 and I moved that scope to a prairie dog rifle and put a 4-20 on the 300 win mag.

For what you are looking for you have choices. A sub moa rifle is pretty common. Look at savage, weatherby, Tikka, seekins, etc all have sub moa guarantees. 1000 yds to hunt will narrow your decision to larger calibers. If you save on the rifle then spend the difference on the scope. I like having extra magnification on my scope to see the critter, then turn it down for the shot. If you don't mind a barrel burner I'd look into the 6.5-300 wby

Weatherby Mark V Weathermark LT in 6.5 RPM with the eurooptic Trijicon Ten Mile would be right at 3k after rings/bases.

As suggested:

1703967054443.png

With this savings, pick your rifle and get some components!

:)