327 Federal Magnum reloading, help.

Vortex!

I just recently bought a single seven chambered in this cartridge. I am looking for suggestions on powder and bullet selections. I am in need of brass too, can't seem to find it in stock anywhere. I want to cast my own bullets for it at some point so any suggestions on good moulds and bullet weights to cast would also be appreciated. I almost can't wait to shoot it! Just can't find any brass or ammo. 😭

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221223-203005-335.png
    Screenshot_20221223-203005-335.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 31
I just recently bought a single seven chambered in this cartridge. I am looking for suggestions on powder and bullet selections. I am in need of brass too, can't seem to find it in stock anywhere. I want to cast my own bullets for it at some point so any suggestions on good moulds and bullet weights to cast would also be appreciated. I almost can't wait to shoot it! Just can't find any brass or ammo. 😭
Merry Christmas
That cartridge never really made it on the market. My father in law had a friend that had one years ago. I'll see if he has any brass or suggestions.
Len & Jill

Starline has 32 H&R brass that can be back ordered. They are really great at filling back orders. 32 H&R is the parent case for the 327 mag. From what I've read it would be like shooting a 38 in a 357, but you could get by until you can get 327 brass. I knew several shooters that shot cast bullets in their 32 H&R's if you want I can check into moulds,but I would try Lyman for starts. I use a lot of their moulds because I use a lyman sizer. I'm kinda into the cast bullet thing,been casting for half a century so I'm new to it.

I have the same gun and a single six in 32 H&R. I bought some 327 brass on G.B. But I mostly shoot 32 H&R loads in both, just a lot nicer to shoot out of those little guns. There is a good article on the 327 Ruger with load data in the oct/nov 2020 Handloader magazine.

I was helping my older sister move to Corpus Christi. She is a professor and was offered a job to Teach at Tex A&M. I bought her a H&R 32 Magnum for protection. She is a Liberal but wanted a pistol for protection. She now lives in DC so don't know what she did with the pistol. Don't think you can own a pistol in DC, but may be wrong.
I liked that cartridge!

I've got a Ruger in .327 Fed Mag and it is fun to shoot. Haven't reloaded for it yet but will, when I run through my factory stuff.

I will concur that I do shoot a bunch of 32 H&R in it and it shoots it very accurately. Tagging in for future load data if anybody has any. Heck, in this climate I'm saving my 32 H&R brass to reload too!

I would do some measuring before I went to far on a mold.
NOE and Accurate molds can make you what ever size you want. I just get to many variables when I have bought Lee,Lyman,RCBS and SAECO molds. Custom is a bit more, you get what you pay for and the headaches go away.

The 327 is as bad as the 30 carbine for muzzle blast. I use this lugs a d muffs.
I have not looked for brass since I bought my Single Sevens. The 5" is handy, the 7" gains some speed. I don't crowd it though.
I have a 32-20 Buckeye for real work. A custom 145 grain cast with H 110/296 makes it sing. Some boot and holler about this practice with a modern rig. Yet it is OK for the 45-70 and 45 Colt to enjoy the same thing.
FYI my 145 mold makes full use of the Black Hawk length cylinder, keeping the bullet out side the case where it belongs.

Check in with Starline every day for your 327 brass. When it becomes available for backorder place your order. It should be delivered within a couple weeks or so. Enjoy your new gun.