30_30 imp

I looked at those, but I have read.reports a them not expanding very good.
Not sure your MV's in a 10" compared to what guys are shooting in a 16" Black Out, but I would punch shoulders with them if it were me using this bullet. Talking deer sized critters

What are the thoughts on.a.heavy bullet.with the AI in a.short barrel, like a 165 or 180? Do you think their is enough barrel to burn the powder in a short.barrel with a heavier bullet? Remember, this is for deer, elk.and bear. Recoil doesn't bother me, so that is not a.issue here, just getting more bang for my buck. Just thinking out loud. I need it to penitrait deep and be able to buck some brush.

I would take a look on the Wilson Combat Site. Bill Wilson is heavy into the 300 HAM'R AR15's at the moment for Hogs and Deer. He is carrying a good supply of .308 bullets that work at 300 HAM'R velocity (125-135 @ 2400 - 2500 fps). I have a box of Speer 135HP in the mail. He had Speer 130FP's and Hornady 135 FTX bullets in stock when I made my order. Both the 130FP and 135FTX should be good choices for your 10" barrel.
Midway has been keeping the Speer 130HP bullets in stock at a good price as well. My wife has bagged her last two deer with the Speer 130HP in her Howa 1500 chambered in 7.62x39. I bagged a deer this season with a 300HAM'R shooting the135FTX. All three behind the shoulder shots, and all three complete pass throughs.

ELK or Bear I would probably go with a 150 -170 grain bullet. Bullets made for a 30-30 should work well. I was working with the Hornady 160FTX bullets in my 7.62x54 Encore before I sold it. Midway shows this bullet in stock at this time.

SORRY I took the 300 HAM'R AR15 that I have been working with out the Last Three Hours of the Regular Missouri Deer Season, instead of the Nosler M48 in 6.5CM. Guess when a shooter buck came by? I still have Alternative Weapons Season to Handgun Hunt for a Doe.

Bob R

Last edited: