300RUM 4 yr Project

bugthor

Here is my 300RUM project. Started out as my factory BDL elk gun. Now has a Lex Weberneck Slim Break, tactical bolt job, Badger ord knob, thumbhole stock that I finished, picatinny rail, Warne rings and a Burris 3.5x10x50 Ballistic plex reticle. I've been happy loading 180gr Nosler on top of IMR 4878. Not as nice some others you guys have posted, but a little different than the usual.

THX,
MC2

CompletedRum1.jpg

bugthor,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that said, it sure is a beauty to me. Second I saw the pic I liked it a lot! Congratulations!

I have been reading this forum for months now and never had a desire to register until I saw your rifle. It is a thing of beauty and four years well spent.

I like the looks of that a lot. Kind of like a 10/22 out of control. Where did you get the stock?

Yes, Sir, Factory action, barrel, and trigger. With my reloads I can make all 3 holes touch at 100 yds at 86.6 gn.

Sorry I still learning the reply thing.
1. Thanks for nice comments
2. Game dog: the scope lines up perfectly with the raised cheek piece, so when I throw my hog jowl up there **poof** reticle is in full view.
3. Kfrye: Stock is a Richard Microfit. Came 99% inleted, but if it was 99% I hate to see 95%. I spend a lot of nights sanding and sucking in blue dust. Well worth the wait of 3 months to get the stock though. I also have a 10/22 that has the same style of stock. They could be twin or rather brothers..
Also I don't want to mislead anyone it has been off and on for 4 years. I'd see something on here or there and add it on.
Thanks for the nice comments.
Mark

Nice rig, you will enjoy it. And it's in a great caliber. I look forward to some pictures with it resting on some game animals!

AJ

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts