300 WM with Norma 217

Has anyone loaded Norma 217 for a 300 Win Mag? I plan to try a 199gr Hunting Hammer or a 200gr Accubond. There is no load data on this combo from Norma, Nosler, Barnes. I bought this powder for my 28 Nosler but did not like the results. Now during the powder famine - I am willing to try it.

There are thousands of bullet/powder combinations available considering what might be in stock at some point. When you don't find any data, even after a serious search, the possibility exists that the combination you're looking for might not exist yet. This can be more true now with a lack of components and powders in general supply. Even those with a hoarder's supply of powders and bullets may abstain simply due to a desire to not waste a resource on something that doesn't interest them.

In a nutshell, Norma 217 is basically too slow to be advantageous in the .300 Win. Mag. cartridge. Even seated out to try to regain some powder space, you just can't get enough into the case.

I shoot .300 Win. Mag. frequently as a test basis so I tried some Berger 200-20x with some of the Norma 217, way too slow. This is with the OAL of 3.600" set up for my chamber.

A better bet will be the:
Norma MRP
Re-25/26
IMR 7827
VVN-560

Enjoy!

:)

I shot the 230 and 250 A-Tips and this powder is still too slow. Remember your throat length of your chamber and the OAL.

But test the supposition if it makes you happy.