Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 192
IMG_20191011_175700139.jpg
IMG_20191017_101908590.jpg
IMG_20191017_172335843.jpg
IMG_20191017_172424525.jpg
I thought I would post here since the 30 SM was involved. I shot a small spike bull because wolves moved in and wasnt sure I would get another chance! Besides, spikes are tasty and easier to pack!:D
He was looking over a ridge top at me with his nose straight out at 553 yards. All I had to shoot at was the straight on front of the chest and base of the neck. The bullet was a 230 Hybrid with the tip drilled to . 055". MV was a little over 3000'. The bullet entered the lower neck, exited the base of the neck and then penetrated halfway back through the top of the shoulder. It nearly decapitated him! I would say that neither expansion or penetration were an issue in this case! Expansion would be expected because it blew several inches of neck bone away but I was impressed with penetration and the fact the the base was still intact. This is a good example of taking advantage of mass with a frangible bullet.

hey Rich, or anybody for that matter, was wondering if you knew off hand what size neck bushing you were using in your sizing die. Thanks

Anyone shooting the 30 Sherman Mag in a 22 or 24'' barrel? Looking to build a 22 or 24'' barrel in 30 Nosler or 30 PRC but now the 30 SM has my attention. Curious if any of these chamberings would produce higher veloctiy with 215s vs the other at same "short" barrel length.

Anyone shooting the 30 Sherman Mag in a 22 or 24'' barrel? Looking to build a 22 or 24'' barrel in 30 Nosler or 30 PRC but now the 30 SM has my attention. Curious if any of these chamberings would produce higher veloctiy with 215s vs the other at same "short" barrel length.
I think they would all lose close to the same, bit the SM might be a little more efficient being the only 40 degree shoulder. That said, It starts as fast or faster so it would be a good choice.
I think if I were building a 30 with a 22" barrel I would look closely at the Max!

I think they would all lose close to the same, bit the SM might be a little more efficient being the only 40 degree shoulder. That said, It starts as fast or faster so it would be a good choice.
I think if I were building a 30 with a 22" barrel I would look closely at the Max!

What are you seeing for average veocity loss per inch of barrel length in the 30 SM, 25 FPS per Inch?

Rich, Is the chamber length on the 30 sm the same as the 300 prc ? I can't find a trim length anywhere. Thanks

Recent Posts