30 Sherman build

westcoasthunter

So I'm starting a 30 Sherman build with Mesa altitude stock, Mesa summit SS action. I want to do a 24" carbon barrel do you guys recommend a carbon barrel to use?

There are several and rebiews are mixed.
I would probably trust Bartlein to be the most consistent. but I dont really know?
I tend to agree with elkaholic.

I purchased a Bartlein CFW for my 2nd 30 Sherman build, but haven't gotten to shoot it yet. Cold in Alaska this time of year for my old hands.

My 1st 30 SM is sporting a Proof CFW. It shoots well enough so far after 3 yrs of use. I had recurring concerns the Proof CFW would shoot so cool to the touch that I might frostbite my hands in Alaska winters. Because they're promoted to be liquid nitrogen super-coolers. 🤪

So this time I purchased a Bartlein! A little heavier than the Proof, but I figure no frostbite...

Your original 30/375 S.I. in the Krieger barrel was replaced with a 9.4-twist Proof CFW and chambered for the longer 30-8x68S 40-degree Improved cartridge, taking full advantage of the longer 8x68S parent Norma and RWS brass. As we've discussed in the past, basically identical in case capacity to your 30 SM with your headstamped 30 SM cases.

The Bartlein CFW is chambered in your current (new) 30 SM. Now that your 30 SM headstamped ADG brass is available, it was only common sense to chamber the Bartlein for your 30 SM. Less fuss and muss and very high quality brass. Maybe even better than the Norma and RWS...

Your original 30/375 S.I. in the Krieger barrel was replaced with a 9.4-twist Proof CFW and chambered for the longer 30-8x68S 40-degree Improved cartridge, taking full advantage of the longer 8x68S parent Norma and RWS brass. As we've discussed in the past, basically identical in case capacity to your 30 SM with your headstamped 30 SM cases.

The Bartlein CFW is chambered in your current (new) 30 SM. Now that your 30 SM headstamped ADG brass is available, it was only common sense to chamber the Bartlein for your 30 SM. Less fuss and muss and very high quality brass. Maybe even better than the Norma and RWS...
Ok, I remember the Transition now👍

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.