30-284?

Opening up the boltface is simple for a smith. The 300wsm has very little throat wear. It will wear faster than an 06 but you are not going to shoot 4000 rounds through this rifle to begin with. The wsm with br2's 4350, 4831 H1000, 7828 and the RL powders of appropriate burn rate would be far more effective at shooting heavies in the tika. A perfect platform to seat the big bullets out of the case. A 215 @ 3000fps in a tika would be fairly easy with RL26 at a 3.100ish coal. It is a favorite in F class for the minimal throat wear when using H1000 over the course of a season.
The 30/284 is a very good option as well. My grandfather had one on an 03 springfield he built. My uncle still has it but I doubt it has been fired in years. Since my grandfather was a dedicated benchrester I'm sure it shoots lights out or he would have sold it. His rifle would be shooting 165-180s because that is what he had in 30 cal when. he passed.
215 @3000 fairly easy? What am I doing wrong? :) nowhere close with a 26" barrel here

Hmm that's a wide ranging choice, I think you're just looking for something different? All cool choices just a different set of criteria. If you stick with the Tikka and 284 case I'm wondering why not try a 284 Shehane or .30-284 Shehane. Of course a straight 284 win would be a good match for Tikka too.
I never did the shehane .284 option because really didn't need it as bullet weight didn't require any more velocity for my needs. I think it'd be a better option for the 30-284, especially for the 185+ bullet options. You won't get much more velocity but in that case, the little extra helps. Longer brass life is also the advantage.

Hmm that's a wide ranging choice, I think you're just looking for something different? All cool choices just a different set of criteria. If you stick with the Tikka and 284 case I'm wondering why not try a 284 Shehane or .30-284 Shehane. Of course a straight 284 win would be a good match for Tikka too.

I'll have to look up the 30-284 shehane. I just noticed that in a list of reamers.

Those are all things I want... I just need to decide which to do first.

Bill Shehane was my smith until he and Diane retired. I asked him about his Shehane rifle. 7mm was his favorite. He told me the 180s in at least a 30" barrel was his "go to" match rifle. He also played with a 6.5 and a 30.

I'll have to look up the 30-284 shehane. I just noticed that in a list of reamers.

Those are all things I want... I just need to decide which to do first.
I keep forgetting you want to run a shorter barrel and have less recoil. That kinda rules out the Shehane and saum recommendations I made. I'd compare the 7mm bullets with the 30 cal bullets and find out which suits your needs best. Then a straight 284 in your Tikka or 30-264 makes good sense. Just my 2 cents worth.

I never did the shehane .284 option because really didn't need it as bullet weight didn't require any more velocity for my needs. I think it'd be a better option for the 30-284, especially for the 185+ bullet options. You won't get much more velocity but in that case, the little extra helps. Longer brass life is also the advantage.
Yeah I think the advantages of the Shehane comes out with much longer barrels. I keep forgetting the OP wants to use around a 22" barrel. So if he wants to stick with the 30 cal then the 30-284 is probably his best bet. But if he sticks with 180 gr and less bullets it's a mute point imo. Probably would be just fine running a 30-06.

Just having alittle fun lol. I'll be interested with what he decides to do.

215 @3000 fairly easy? What am I doing wrong? :) nowhere close with a 26" barrel here
Get the bullet out of the case. In a savage, my dad ran a throater so I could see if I could do it. WIth freebore in the .200 I had consistency issues but saw velocites in the 3050 range. You can't mag feed at 3.180 or longer in a short action but the tika will with a bolt stop and magazine mod.
I got over 2850 with the 230 berger also. The barrel is a Douglass 10tw 27.5" with break from the lug.
I was going to build a 300wsm for f class because I saw peterson brass was going to release 300wsm. They never did so I built a 300prc with a 30" instead.