270wsm still alive and kicking ?

Throated properly on a long action, YES! Brass is out there, but can be hard to find sometimes.....that's the case with all the WSM family. I was building a 7WSM with the 180s in mind doing what you are talking about. If you're open to 7mm, I have everything you need to get started, brass dies, reamer. PM me if you're interested.

You'll probably need a 3" box minimum, but 2.860 could work. Bullets at that rate could be seated as deep as .700" using heavy high bc Bullets. OR, you can single feed? No thanks!

I have a 270 WSM. Ammo is available as is brass, but you have to watch for the brass and/or put notifications out there on Midway USA, Grafs and other sites that allow you to. Best way I've found to get brass is just buy loaded ammo and shoot. Ammoseek is a great source for finding ammo and I've never had issue with ordering from the company's on there. I love the 270 WSM and mine shoots 1 hole groups at 100 with Win Supreme 780 and 150gr ABLR's (have to eventually find another powder as it's been discontinued, but I still have a couple of pounds) when I do my part. This is from a Win model 70 Classic wood stocked factory (pre FN) rifle.

Attachments

• 270 WSM.jpg
    270 WSM.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 26
sounds like a saucy little girl but not convenient to find.
and brass looks expensive when you can find it.
seems like a great round that was a little too early to catch on like the creed did--- maybe just not marketed right-

I've got a CA 270WSM, love it, absolute tack driver. The only limitation on factory chambered 270WSM's is the 1:10 twist barrel. When this is due for a rebarrel it is getting a 1:8 replacement. The 122 HHT and 90gr AH's sound like some proper medicine for deer size game. I have not ran into a problem finding either brass or loaded ammo, not the cheapest but it is definitely available.

That 122gr HHT should be running 2400+ fps and have over 1600 ft lbs at 500 yards, which in my way of thinking is plenty for elk at that distance.

Just my personal $0.02 worth

Mine is still Alive and Kicking, it's probably in the last half of barrel life on tube #2. It doesn't get shot as much mainly due to it'd configuration being better for where I lived when it was built vs. Where I reside now.

Still like the cartridge, when this ones done I might try and put it on a diet with a little shorter tube.

You'll have no problem hitting your mark, I'm doing a 25 WSM as we speak

Seems to be a couple versions of this, I ended up with a donor rifle or two with a wsm bolt face and this would fit a niche for me better than a saum or prc based wildcat. Is there a reamer or version of a 25 wsm that caught your eye? Seems like there are a few different versions floating around.