.260 vs 6.5 Creedmore

No sir it was with the 6.5 CM that I said that. I was trying to make the 6.5 CM perform like everyone else's. Everybody's 6.5 CM on this sight seems to be 200 FPS faster Than everyone else's.
20200818_174102.jpg
looks like you said 260 to me lol.

The year 2020 is not over yet so I can not give all the data. Now for 2019 year out of the 173 PRO shooters from PRS and NRL 82 % of these people shared some data. Now out of all the pros for 2019 there were a few shooters running the 6.5 CM. Most were running the 6mm CM or the 6mm Dasher. Over half of the shooters were shooting 140gr ELDM. There were some shooting 147gr ELDM. 140 Grain bullet info is as follow FPS 2750 - 2800 these velocities are from a 26" barrel with custom actions loaded very hot. Most were using Federal M primers. Some were using CCI. Now with the 147 grain ELDM and a 28" Barrel People were seeing 2700 to just under 2780s FPS. Now remember this date is from the pros. A lot of the pros are using CCI #450 magnum primers in their 6.5 CM. They are getting extremely low SD ( Standard Deviations) in muzzle velocity. ((I might try these in my 260 Rem)) My point is this. If the pros are only getting in the mid 2700FPS range with 147grain Bullets And with a 28" barrel And a compressed load, how are you getting almost 3000 FPS with only a 24" barrel And no pressure sighs? Asking for a friend. LoL

Easy. They're all using h4350. Rl-26 turns the creed into a totally different animal. Also prs guys dont tend to run hot loads. When your shooting 10-12 shot strings those barrels get HOT. You do not want to run ragged edge loads when your in that sport. I shoot prs matches and ran my 6.5 at 2775 even though I could have ran it to 2950-3000 fps with rl-26. Prs is already really hard on barrels so we stay away from max pressure to help account for that as well. I toasted my 6.5 barrel and switched to 6mm creed for now

View attachment 209416looks like you said 260 to me lol.
Yes sir you are correct I did say that. I had to go back and look through All my messages. I then had to go back and look at my reloading data. I did not correct myself when I transferred my date from my reloading manual to this forum. If I'm wrong I'll tell you I'm wrong. ( In my reloading data log I was blowing primers out of my 6.5 CM and not my 260 REM to try and reach the so called 2950 -3000 FPS Everyone keeps saying their 6.5 CM can do. People are claiming 2950 to 3000 FPS from a 24" barrel The PROS can barely do this with full custom rifles. Custom action and aftermarket 28" plus barrel Running extremely hot Loads. But if it makes you feel better to gloat go right ahead.

Easy. They're all using h4350. Rl-26 turns the creed into a totally different animal. Also prs guys dont tend to run hot loads. When your shooting 10-12 shot strings those barrels get HOT. You do not want to run ragged edge loads when your in that sport. I shoot prs matches and ran my 6.5 at 2775 even though I could have ran it to 2950-3000 fps with rl-26. Prs is already really hard on barrels so we stay away from max pressure to help account for that as well. I toasted my 6.5 barrel and switched to 6mm creed for now
All the date I just gave you is from the pros. It's from the Precision Rifle Blog. Its a blog that helps keep up with the pros And where they stand. And yet again you are arguing with me leaving out the same key factors I mentioned earlier. What's the barrel length, is it a custom action, AI. This is why I said what I did. I just want people to be safe. You may be achieving 2950ish FPS but let the people know it's a full custom rifle So they don't get hurt. I though this was the hole point we were talking about. Guess I was wrong.

Yes sir you are correct I did say that. I had to go back and look through All my messages. I then had to go back and look at my reloading data. I did not correct myself when I transferred my date from my reloading manual to this forum. If I'm wrong I'll tell you I'm wrong. ( In my reloading data log I was blowing primers out of my 6.5 CM and not my 260 REM to try and reach the so called 2950 -3000 FPS Everyone keeps saying their 6.5 CM can do. People are claiming 2950 to 3000 FPS from a 24" barrel The PROS can barely do this with full custom rifles. Custom action and aftermarket 28" plus barrel Running extremely hot Loads. But if it makes you feel better to gloat go right ahead.
I'm not gloating bro. I was simply just saying what you said.

Not to mention loading to the point your popping primers is extremely unsafe reloading practices. Your asking to get hurt. I hope you dont shoot at public ranges. I'd hate to be the guy next to you.

I'm not gloating bro. I was simply just saying what you said.
I'm not perfect by no means. But I do seek perfection, specially when it comes to shooting. I do want people to learn from my mistakes. Trust me I make plenty. I've posted thangs on here After a 30 plus hour shift At work before and cracked myself up. I try to go back and correct myself but I know I don't get them all. I Got the kid-O watching me respond to your messages showing her I'm not perfect. I want the kids to own up to them. I cant punish the kids for something if I don't do it myself.

All the date I just gave you is from the pros. It's from the Precision Rifle Blog. Its a blog that helps keep up with the pros And where they stand. And yet again you are arguing with me leaving out the same key factors I mentioned earlier. What's the barrel length, is it a custom action, AI. This is why I said what I did. I just want people to be safe. You may be achieving 2950ish FPS but let the people know it's a full custom rifle So they don't get hurt. I though this was the hole point we were talking about. Guess I was wrong.
I think the part of the puzzle you are missing, though mentioned several times, is the speed that can be attained with RL26 in most rifles, including the 6.5 CM.

Here's where I run my latest CM:
24in Shilen barrel
Savage standard short action. ( Can easily reach the lands of a 6.5 CM with a Savage SA.)
Lapua small rifle primer brass
Federal GM205M small primers
140 VLD, 140 AMAX, 140 EH
With H4350 = 2750 FPS (slightly hot but very accurate and I hunt with it)
With RL26 = 2925 FPS (Not really hot either, can go a bit higher but start getting seating issues due to compressed load) BUT, I run it at 2850 with RL26 cause there is a good node there with good accuracy.

I'm not perfect by no means. But I do seek perfection, specially when it comes to shooting. I do want people to learn from my mistakes. Trust me I make plenty. I've posted thangs on here After a 30 plus hour shift At work before and cracked myself up. I try to go back and correct myself but I know I don't get them all. I Got the kid-O watching me respond to your messages showing her I'm not perfect. I want the kids to own up to them. I cant punish the kids for something if I don't do it myself.
No one is perfect brother. Im not even close to perfect. I make bone headed mistakes all the time. The difference is the guys that can man up and admit it.

I think the part of the puzzle you are missing, though mentioned several times, is the speed that can be attained with RL26 in most rifles, including the 6.5 CM.

Here's where I run my latest CM:
24in Shilen barrel
Savage standard short action. ( Can easily reach the lands of a 6.5 CM with a Savage SA.)
Lapua small rifle primer brass
Federal GM205M small primers
140 VLD, 140 AMAX, 140 EH
With H4350 = 2750 FPS (slightly hot but very accurate and I hunt with it)
With RL26 = 2925 FPS (Not really hot either, can go a bit higher but start getting seating issues due to compressed load) BUT, I run it at 2850 with RL26 cause there is a good node there with good accuracy.
Yes sir now I like that. When I first started on this site I didn't realize the type of people were on here. ( New Shooters and some advanced shooters ) There is some really good people on here and really good shooters. I will have to try that RL26. There is a lot of people here that seam to like it. Its a little hard to find here In Texas. I use H4350. Factory Rem Action that has been trued. 27" medium heavy fluted Krieger barrel. Federal 210M primers. Berger 140 VLD 2975 FPS. My rifle is Mag fed, MDT Chassis. I'm .006 off the lands and a coal of 2.820. I can set the coal at 2.845 but run into feeding issues now and then. This is my hunting rifle so I want it to feed through the mag good. Thanks for sharing your info. When I was loading my 6.5 CM with the same H4350 I was getting around the same FPS as you. Its a Remington Model 700 SPS Varmint. 26" Barrel. I don't thank Remington makes it anymore with the varmint barrel. Not sure.

Here's the specs on my last 6.5 barrel
26in criterion 1:8. Sammi freebore
Savage SA. You can really stretch those bullets out in savage mags.
Shot pretty much just the 140 eld. But dabbled in the 147 eld and 150 smk
140 eld with rl-17 was launched at 2885 for most of its life
H4350 load 140 eld was 2845 fps
Rl-26 with the 140 eld I ran up to 3014 fps but accuracy node was 2945 fps

147 eld-m hornady brass
Rl-17 2823
Rl-26 2912

150 smk hornady brass
Rl-26 2875

140 eld-m peterson/adg brass
Rl-16 2775. This barrel was down to 2688 when I finally retired it. I started my last match at 2723 and 90 rounds later it was 2688. It had been losing velocity for the past couple matches i was trying to limp it through the season.

150 smk Peterson brass
Rl-16 2754.

Yes sir now I like that. When I first started on this site I didn't realize the type of people were on here. ( New Shooters and some advanced shooters ) There is some really good people on here and really good shooters. I will have to try that RL26. There is a lot of people here that seam to like it. Its a little hard to find here In Texas. I use H4350. Factory Rem Action that has been trued. 27" medium heavy fluted Krieger barrel. Federal 210M primers. Berger 140 VLD 2975 FPS. My rifle is Mag fed, MDT Chassis. I'm .006 off the lands and a coal of 2.820. I can set the coal at 2.845 but run into feeding issues now and then. This is my hunting rifle so I want it to feed through the mag good. Thanks for sharing your info. When I was loading my 6.5 CM with the same H4350 I was getting around the same FPS as you. Its a Remington Model 700 SPS Varmint. 26" Barrel. I don't thank Remington makes it anymore with the varmint barrel. Not sure.

My experience with RL 26 in my magnum calibers is that the absence of Retumbo is now no big deal. I have also had great results with RL 23 in 6.5CM and 260 Rem for both speed and Accuracy. Never tried RL 26 in the CM because 23 shot so well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts