25 PRC

ElJefe

Thinking about building one of these for a lightweight carry gun. If I am not mistaken Broz built one, but never did hear or read anything else about his thoughts on the caliber. My thoughts of build are the following
1. Pierce titanium action
2. Proof Sendero lite 22"
3. Ag or manners carbon stock
4. Hawkins bottom mag/flush mount
5. March scope 2.8x20x50mm
6. Shooting the 133 or 135 vld
Any thoughts or ideas on this build, I would like others opinions.
7. Use of gun would be used for hunting coues deer,mule deer, desert bighorn rams,and antelope

Thinking about building one of these for a lightweight carry gun. If I am not mistaken Broz built one, but never did hear or read anything else about his thoughts on the caliber. My thoughts of build are the following
7. Use of gun would be used for hunting coues deer,mule deer, desert bighorn rams,and antelope
Any suggestions on this idea I got. Maybe other options in components for lightweight build

I was thinking I should be able to get a little over 3000 with a 22" barrel
Not .25-PRC, but on my initial pressure tests, 257 WBY with 22" barrel propels the 145 Black Hole at 3090 FPS with 67.5 of MagPro and 163 Chinchaga at 2915 FPS with 63.5 of H1000. There are no pressure signs, and more room remains to explore.

Last edited:
I think everything you have listed would be a great build. Pending on powder you use, you should see 3000fps. Or be real close. GO FOR IT. 👍

Recent Posts