25-06 - 80 gr Or Less Bullet Weight ?

75 V-max over 48 grains of Varget is a good starting point. Try IMR 4064 or RL15 at about the same grains. You can work up from there for accuracy. H4350 load data on the can and IMR 4350 works too, per charge weights from Hogdon.

The bullet works, its not fur friendly and my longest shot was right at 425 yds. It was far from a perfect shot but still took the dog out after hitting in the rear leg area. They won't run far if you hit them.

Bought a Savage Axis in 25-06 for goat/deer hunting. The thing is it wants to be my coyote gun as all it likes to shoot is the 75vmax and IMR 4064 @3725fps, what really surprised me is that it flys to 750 yards with relative ease.
I really wish it would shoot a 100-115 grainer as well as it does the 75 as it sure would be a better gritter-getter and not tear up a hide sooo bad. One thing though a coyote aint walking away from a hit from the 75Vmax!

Hey all, I got on the NJ fish and game site. It does indeed say legal weapons .17 - 25 cal max of 80 grains.

they have some pictures of pretty ones..... even black because they think that in the past they crossbred with wolfs.

I'm sure that a 75 grain smoking out of 25-06 is going to tear up some dogs!

Are they actually going to weigh your bullets ?? give you a ticket because someone is using a 87 g bullet to shoot a coyote or ground hog. It is a stupid law.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.