225 ELDM TESTED 30/375 S.I.

I agree. The first 50 i had lasted great. I bought 300 of a new lot and they seem terrible. I asked all these new brass makers if they would ever make new stuff and they said very unlikely

I think the straighter body (less taper) of the S.I. helps distribute pressure better, but I sure wish someone would make some better brass too. It has awesome potential.

I think the straighter body (less taper) of the S.I. helps distribute pressure better, but I sure wish someone would make some better brass too. It has awesome potential.

You can run my S.I. reamer in and clean up your chamber if you want to. It might help get your velocity up?

I'll probably keep it like this. I spent enough money on reamer and dies haha. I like the chambering and am happy with the performance. My neck length is .310 with a 2.59 case length. With the 225s im at 3.710" touching so its not the best for this bullet. I did it like this so i could run the hs mags.

I have read articles about using 8x68s brass to form 375 ruger cases. Seems like it blows it out quite a bit but might be something to try.

I also read on a thread somewhere a guy fires 300win cases (loaded) in his 375 and it forms to 375 ruger.

Seems pretty wild to me but the 8x68s is kind of appealing

I have looked at the 8x68 but It is considerably smaller at the base. I can't remember how much exactly but I am not sure you could do it!

I have looked at the 8x68 but It is considerably smaller at the base. I can't remember how much exactly but I am not sure you could do it!
Base and rim of the 375 Ruger brass is 0.532" diameter.
Base of the 8x68S is 0.524". However the rim of the 8x68S is rebated down to 0.512" - which is what bothers me the most. I think the 0.008" expansion is doable. But not sure if my extractor will reliably extract the case rims which are 0.020" smaller in diameter.
The 8x68S RWS brass is available from Huntington. $41 / 20 cases.

The case head is .523 vs .530 for he Ruger. It MIGHT be possible but as hard as that brass is it might take a few high pressure loads to do it. I use 270 RWS for my .338 Sherman and even with the same head size it takes about 3 high pressure loads to stretch to chamber size.

Yaya that could be a problem.

You should do a search for the 300 to 375 ruger. It is interesting if you're ok with ugly looking brass haha. The belt is .532 so the brass expands to that diameter and the guy had good brass life. I think its on the canadian gun nutz forum somewhere. Ill see if i can find pictures

I agree. The first 50 i had lasted great. I bought 300 of a new lot and they seem terrible.

Well that's concerning. Glad I purchased 100 cases originally. My Ruger case heads are decent for stoutness. Not Lapua or RWS, buy not Reynolds aluminum foil either.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts